Chapter 57: Backup

⭐️Chapter 57: Backup

"WHAT?!" Everyone yelled.

"JUST QUIT YOUR ARGUMENTS AND LISTEN TO US!" Ebony yelled.

"THERE IS ANOTHER WAY!" Prince shouted.

"What are you talking about?! You were so close to defeating him! All you had to do was just DO IT!" Emperor yelled. He along with the squidbeak wanted this to be done and over with. Prince had just extended the time needed to finish this whole thing, even though victory was right within reach. They didn't want that.

"Ebony, if you hadn't stopped what you were doing, then we would have a chance at this again!" Noir said loudly. Meanwhile, on his side, since everyone had lost, Ebony was their one chance at winning. Giving them another fighting chance. By dropping out, they had lost that chance.

"I don't know WHAT you were thinking when you decided to mind control me, and I can't believe I let my guard down! You know I would NEVER fight these innocent inklings and octolings whose home we're taking just because you think we're the dominant species!"

Silence.

"Ah..." Prince whispered.

Well. That wasn't the first time the squidbeak had heard something along those lines (cough cough Skylings cough).

"But please guys! We don't have to fight! We can just have a peace agreement and this will all be over with!" Ebony exclaimed. He had been trying to tell them this from the start.

"No. We can't" Noir snarled.

"Why?!"

"We have to finish what we've started."

Ebony shook his head wildly.
"No we don't! The species here are understanding creatures and they can take a sudden shift in-"

"SILENCE, EBONY. You have failed us all. Come back with us, so we can...talk" Noir shouted, then lowering his voice while keeping a glare.

Ebony, who was still holding firm, sighed as he followed his group, who hard turned around and walked the opposite direction.

"You too, Prince. You've let us all down" Emperor said, seeing what the Ebon 8 were doing.

Prince hesitated, before following after his group. But he stopped, and turned around, which is what Ebony had done as well. The two maintained eye contact for a while.

"I'm sorry this had to happen" Prince said, walking closer to Ebony.

"No really, it's...all my fault" Ebony said, as he walked to Prince.

"Don't put the blame on yourself! It truly isn't. And I know we'll find a way out of this somehow" Prince said, patting Ebony on the shoulder.

"Thanks..."

They jolted awake at the sound of the others yelling.

"EBONY!"

"PRINCE!"

The two looked up.

"Well. I guess we have to go now" Prince said with a sigh.

"Good luck" Ebony smiled.