Chapter 15: Grand Prix Final

Depuis le début

We pulled away and looked at each other. “You should sleep. You have competition tomorrow,” I told him. He gave me a nod and walked out of the room.

I laid down on the bed and looked at the ceiling. 

{What am I going to do?}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day…….

It was Yuzuru’s birthday. Hopefully, he liked his gift. I walked down to the buffet to see Yuzuru, Javier, and Brian. Yuzuru had a smile on his face. “Ohayo,” he greeted me. “Ohayo. Tanjoubi omedetou,” I told him and gave him a hug.

“Arigatou,” he said. I went to Javi and gave him a hug. “Good morning,” I said. “Morning,” he said in return. I did the same for Brian. I had some rice and some other things for breakfast since I didn’t eat much bread. Yuzuru had to have rice because it gave him energy.

After breakfast, we took the bus to the venue. As we got off, Javier and Yuzuru stood beside me so the cameras didn’t catch me. Fans would say happy birthday to Yuzuru. Once in the venue, Javi and Yuzu warmed up. 

Yuzu wore his earphones. “Thank you for my gift,” he pointed out to me. He was wearing the custom earphones I bought for him. The ear pieces had his name engraved on them. I gave him a smile. “Your welcome,” I told him.

After the warm up, the skaters proceeded to skate. Yuzuru did better on his Free Program. Overall, he got silver.

More of the Japanese media had asked about me again. Yuzuru gave the same answer. It was almost out of hand. This morning, I read some things about the situation. People believed that we were dating. We weren’t actually.

I considered to made an ultimate decision and told Brian in private while Javi and Yuzu packed their things. Brian told me not to worry too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you ready?”

Yuzuru was waiting for me. We were going to the banquet that was held at the hotel. Yuzuru asked me to be with him there. At first, I wasn’t sure but, I decided that I should go to spend time with him. It would be interesting to see him interact with the other skaters. 

I came out of the room dressed in a white dress with pink sakura flowers printed on it. Yuzuru wore a suit. He looked at me with amazement. I walked over to him. “Ready,” I told him. He came out of his thoughts and gave his arm out to me.

We walked out of our room and to the banquet. There were many people there. Yuzuru talked with the other skaters. Occasionally, they would talk to me. We had dinner, talked more, and looked around the place.

Once we went back to our rooms, Yuzuru gave me a smile. “Thank you for coming with me,” he said. I returned the smile. “Your welcome,” I said to him. He walked away to his room to get ready for bed.

I dreaded about tell him about my departure from Toronto.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What do you mean you aren’t going to Japan Figure Skating Championships with me?”

Yuzu was in my office to get his schedule to training. I told him that I wasn’t going with him to the Japan Nationals. “I have a doctor’s appointment on that week,” I told him. It was true. Plus, I didn’t want to face the media in Japan.

Recently, the media wanted to know more information on me. Luckily, they weren’t able to find information on me.

“Oh. Are you okay?” he asked me. I gave him nod. “I’m getting a normal check-up and a blood test. Just something routine,” I told him. He gave me a nod. 

“Gomen,” I apologized and bowed to him. “It’s okay. Your health is more important,” he told me. “If you make it to Worlds. I’ll go with you,” I told him. “Promise,” he said and gave out his pinky finger. I wrapped my finger around his pinky finger.

“I promise,” I told him. He looked happy. 

Honestly, I was sad that I wasn’t going with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~