Raquelle Rocks The House

hey guys! so, as some of you may or may not know, the reason why i haven't been posting is because i've been making a book of my own! it's called Raquelle Rocks The House.

it's about a girl who has to save her family from losing her house, and in order to save it, she makes a band. i'll be publishing the first two chapters here! the actual book will be coming out soon for preorder and it will be available on Amazon!

When done reading the first two chapters here, leave a review comment below for a chance to be featured on the book cover! thank you for believing in my writing skills and leaving wonderful comments, i wouldn't have made this book without you all. now without further ado, enjoy!
-

Chapter One: So It Begins

Raquelle Escret was finally leaving her chaotic home and moving to the most prestigious school for the arts, Carmel's School of Performing Arts. Sure, the name was quite bland and lacked creativity, but she didn't care about that. All she truly wanted was a career in music.

"Ella!" Her mother yelled. "Come downstairs please!"
With a slight groan, Raquelle sat her drawing pad down and made her way towards the living room where her mother was.
"Yes, Mom?" She asked, heading over to her baby sister, Reagan-Maye.

"Do you have everything packed and ready to go? Jessica will be dropping you off tomorrow morning and I won't be able to double check your bag." Her mother informed her as she cleaned up some of Reagan's toys.
Raquelle rolled her eyes. What's more important than dropping me off at school? At least pretend you care. With a sigh, she nodded at her mother.
"Okay, will do." She kissed her sister's forehead and made her way towards her bedroom where her sister Sarah was planning different ways to re-decorate their room. Raquelle sat on her bed with her arms crossed.

"What are you doing and why?" She asked. Raquelle was so fed up with everything. She just wanted to leave and never come back... for six months at least. The small blonde turned to her younger sister.
"Why, Raquelle, I'm reorganizing our room! Take the old stuff out, bring the new stuff in!" Sarah said kicking a box of Raquelle's sports trophies to the side.
"Hey!" She exclaimed, heading over to the box. "These are valuable!" She kneeled down to the box and begin digging inside.

Sarah scoffed, shaking her head.
"Yeah, right. Those are trophies from when you did pee-wee soccer. Everyone got those. Even me! All I did was sit on the bench with a sparkly pink costume-"
"Uniform." Raquelle interrupted, glaring at her. "It's a uniform. Not a costume." The disrespect.
Sarah rolled her eyes, waving her sister off as she continued to rearrange the room. "Yeah, yeah."

"Besides, these trophies may mean nothing to you, but they mean something to me..." Raquelle began as she picked up a trophy from the box. "This was when I first met Zack."
Zack was Raquelle's best friend. They met in kindergarten at a pee-wee soccer game. Even though he was on the opposing team, they clicked really well. They were inseparable ever since.

"Oh, Zack! You mean, your boyfriend~" Sarah said in a sing-songy voice, shamelessly teasing Raquelle.
Raquelle gagged. "Ew, no. We're strictly just friends." She placed the trophy back in the box before standing up, carrying the box in her hands.

"Friends," Sarah chuckled, making air quotes. "Sure. Well, your 'friend' is leaving early tomorrow for Ireland. Didn't you want to say one last goodbye?"
Plopping the box on her bed, Raquelle gasped. "Yeah! I almost forgot he was leaving early... I've been so caught up in-"
"Yeah, yeah, I don't care. Leave so I can remodel in peace." Sarah rudely cut her off and shooed her out of the room.
Stumbling as she reached the doorway, Raquelle scoffed. "Some sister."

Raquelle ran down the streets in all hopes Zack would still be at home packing up. If she missed the opportunity to say goodbye to him, she wouldn't know what to do with herself.