Doug x Evie/The Grade

Plot: In which Evie isn't proud of her grade and Fairy Godmother sets up a tutoring session with Doug...

Evie's POV

I looked at the paper Fairy Godmother gave me. "A 'D'? Fairy Godmother, I've tried my best in this class and all you gave me was a 'D'?" I asked her. She sighed and turned to me. "Miss.Evie, I've noticed you haven't been paying attention in my class. I feel like the only reason why you got the answers correct is because you cheated--" 

"Fairy Godmother, I didn't cheat." I proclaimed. She held her pointer finger up as if she was telling me to stop. "Miss.Evie, I do not need your opinion on this. I've talked to the other teachers as well and they said the same thing. I have arranged a tutoring session with Doug in the library at 3 today. You will be meeting him twice a week, every week, 3 hours a day."

My jaw dropped. "Fairy Godmother, I don't have the time.." I told her. She looked at me. "Then you will find the same. Now, ta ta.. you have your session in just a couple minutes.." She said sitting back down at her desk. I groaned slightly as I swung my faux leather backpack around my shoulder. 

I walked up to the nearest trashcan and crumbled up my test sheet. "Thinking I cheated.. actual crap." I said throwing it away.

Chad laughed and walked up to me. "Did Evie get a bad grade?" He teased. I crossed my arms and scoffed while rolling my eyes. "Go away Chad, no one asked for your input." I huffed. "Well, you didn't ask for Doug's input to help you out with your grades but, oh wait.. here we are now." 

I rolled my eyes again. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't lose my magic mirror.." I mumbled. He chuckled. "Oh you mean this?" He took it out of his pocket and waved it in his hand. "Come on! Give it back!" I said reaching for it. He shook his head and snorted. "You're going to have to fetch it--" He threw it in the trash. "Princess." He laughed and walked away.

I looked at the trash and saw it sink in. I choked back a few tears as I saw it disappear. I took a deep breath and heading towards the library.

---

I walked into the library with sadness and irritation. I looked around and saw the light-brown haired male sitting peacefully while reading a book. He pushed up his glasses as he flipped to the next page. I chuckled softly and smiled at the sight of him and sat across from him and tapped his shoulder.

He looked around before looking up at me and smiled. "Hello Evie!" He said softly to me, not wanting to get yelled at by the librarian. "Hi Doug." I said. He tilted his head. "Is something wrong? Your eyes are watering slightly and you have a slight.. frown on your face." I looked at him. "Oh yeah.. I just had a rough day.. that's all!" I cleared my throat. "Um.. what are we working on first?" I asked him.

"Well, I was thinking..." He shuffled around the desk to find his clipboard. "Oh! Chemistry!" I nodded. "Sure, if you want.." I placed my backpack on the table and opened it up. I grabbed my sparkly navy blue notebook and matching pencil.

He chuckled. "Nice notebook." He smiled. I looked at him. "Thanks!" He nodded. "Anytime.." He looked around again for his papers. I chuckled softly as I easily found the paper he was looking for. "Looking for something, Dougie?" I asked, secretly taking the paper. He nodded. "Yeah, I'm looking for the Chemistry work page."

"Oh, you mean... this?" I asked holding it up. He looked at the paper and then at me. "Wha-- you had it the whole time?" He asked. I chuckled and shook my head. "No, I just found it way before you." I said giving it to him. "You might need a new prescription." I said patting his head. He laughed slightly and nodded. "Probably." We both laughed and started our work.

--- 

"Okay, well, I'll see you later Doug!" I smiled as I unlocked my room door. He nodded. "Friday?" I nodded. "Friday, see you then!" I smiled and headed inside my dorm, closing the door behind me. I threw my bag onto the desk and sighed, flopping on my bed. "You sound like you had fun~" Mal teased. I rolled my eyes. "Yeah whatever..." I said. "What happened to Ice Cream Joe's after school? I was waiting for thirty minutes before eating your ice cream." She chuckled. I rolled my eyes playfully at her. "Wow, so considerate." I joked. She scoffed and threw a pillow at me, chuckling.

"Yeah but back on the topic, Fairy Godmother gave me a tutoring session, twice a week, every week, three hours a day." I sighed. "Oh? Two tutoring sessions with Doug? Twice a week, every week, three hours a day?" She mocked. "Ha ha, yes. With Doug."

"You mean the guy you've been crushing on?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, the Doug that broke out of the zoo Doug. Yes I mean that Doug! This is horrible!" I covered my face with my hands and groaned. "How is this horrible? From all the stories you told me, all the fairy tale girls want to spend time with their crushes." I nodded and sat up. "Yes, what I told you in those stories are true but... I don't know! I feel like I don't want my own 'Fairy Tale Life' with Doug.." She gasped.

"Evie? Are you alright?" She rushed to my bed and felt my forehead. "I thought I heard you say you didn't want to have a 'Fairy Tale Life'!" I swatted her hand off. "Yes, I'm fine, and yes! I don't want to have a 'Fairy Tale Life' with him, I wanna have my own life, make my own story." She smiled and looked at me. "Sounds like you like him a lot." She told me. I nodded. "Then what are you waiting for? Go tell him!" I sighed. "You're right." 

"I always am."

I snorted. "Sure, see you later." I grabbed my purse and ran out the door.

---

"Doug? Doug?" I called out. I looked around. "Where is he?" I muttered. I was then accompanied by a familiar male scaring me. I jumped. "Doug!" I said. He laughed. "That's my name, don't wear it out." I rolled my eyes. "Highly doubt it.." I looked down and grabbed his hands. I looked at him. "Doug, I've been thinking.. a lot." He tilted his head. "Evie? Is there something wrong?" I sighed. "The truth is.. there is something wrong. Earlier today, I watched my grades fail and my mirror sink." He raised a brow. "Never heard of that metaphor before..." I chuckled slightly.

"What I'm saying is... I had a really awful day and once I walked into the library and heard your voice and watch you smile... I realized something. Doug, I like you. I really do, and I was wondering, instead of meeting up for tutoring on Friday... you would wanna go on a date with me?" I asked him, with hope in my eyes.

He looked at me and smiled. "Well, sure took you long enough." I laughed and hugged him. He hugged back and pulled away shortly. "So, a date?" I nodded. "A date."

Hey guys! Sam here with a new one-shot dedicated to Descendants 2 that came out today! Since I'm going to be in the Descendants mood for a while, I decided I will do some oneshots requested by you guys! All you gotta do is tell me the ship and the scenario. No OC's, xReaders or same gender ships please! Make the scenario PG! Thanks and ROCK ON!

(P.S Make your request in the comments please!!)