Backstage/Jax x Kit/Remember Me?

Plot: Ever since Kit left Keaton, things have changed. She doesn't talk to Jax as much anymore, DJ D has officially died in sales, she lost her friends. It's been three years now, what happens when she comes back?

Kit's POV

I took a deep breath as I looked at the school in front of me. Today was my friend's graduation day and I wanted to come and celebrate with her. The only awkward situation I can approach is the one where I'm not remembered.

I used to have a lot of good friends here, I used to be the Kit Dunn. I used to have long afternoons with Jackson Gardner and I never complained.

What happened?

I reached my hand for the door handle and walked into the school. The halls were empty, dull if you must. This is very unlike Keaton.

As I roamed around the empty halls, I stumbled across the music room where I first met my friends. I was in the back with Bianca while Jax and Miles talked to each other. Mr.Parks had Alya go first because she was late to class.

As I looked inside the room with beige walls, I saw three familiar figures turn to me. They all had questionable looks on their faces and exchanged glances.

What seemed for like an hour, a tall male stood up and walked to me. "Can we help you?" My jaw basically dropped. I couldn't help but look at him up and down.

That was Jax! I knew he was tall... and I know I'm short. But dang! His hair still curly as ever on the top of his head, headphones around his neck. I'm ashamed to say I lost that fashion statement of headphones around the neck.

His voice was so mature! A lot deeper than what I was used to.

"If you're here for the graduation, it doesn't start for another hour." He told me. He then slowly closed the door, a way of telling me to leave and come back later.

As he walked away I peeked through the window that was on the door. There was no way he was going to get rid of me that easily. I went on my tiptoes and looked inside.

Miles was strumming the guitar, Bianca then softly sang along to his strumming as Jax played the piano.

I forgot what this school was about. Making music with friends. "I haven't done that in a while." I thought aloud.

"Katherine Dunn!" A voice exclaimed causing the three to look at me again and scoff. I rolled my eyes. "Alya! Would you shut up? I'm trying to look at my friends here!"

She laughed, shaking her head. "You mean Jax? You're trying to look at Jax?" I growled, turning to her. "No... I actually was looking at Bianca! Who happened to be right behind Jax, but that doesn't matter!" She shook her head laughing again before opening the door and walking in.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm late." She said sitting by Miles. He smiled at her. "Don't worry about it." I slowly walked in. "Hey guys..." I said softly.

Again, the three looked at me. Bianca raised a brow. "I'm sorry, do I know you?.." Alya sighed. "Really? You don't remember me?" Miles shook his head. "Sorry I don't either."

I bit my lip, nodding to myself. "T-That's okay, the only one that really matters is--"

"I feel like we've met before." Jax said.

That's it.

"Of course we met, Jackson Gardner! It's me! Kit! Your best friend, DJ DIAMONDMIND. We used to do everything together!" I walked up to him, tears forming in my eyes.

He gasped softly. "Oh my god..." he sat up at hugged me but I pushed him off. "No! Too late!" I turned away and crossed my arms. "You blew me off earlier. You never text me back or return my calls..." I muttered.

Jax sighed. I must of made him feel horrible because that was a heavy sigh. It was like his heart just broke, right then and there.

I was then dragged out of the room.

Jax and I were in the room we used to make music together. I looked at him, scoffing and crossing my arms. He locked the door and looked at me.

"Kit, you have no idea how long I've missed you." I rolled my eyes. "Sure have a funny way of showing it." He shook his head. "Kit, you don't understand. I thought it was you, I knew it was you. I just didn't know if you remembered me too. It's been so long."

I nodded. "It has. I've missed you... a bunch. Loads, tons." I looked up at him. He flashed me that contagious smile of his that I just had to return.

He grinned. "Welcome back, Kitty Kat." I rolled my eyes as he hugged me. "Don't call me that Jaxy boy." He chuckled and pulled away slightly looking at me. "Only if you stop calling me Jaxy boy." I shook my head. "Not gonna do partner." He grinned. "I guess Kitty Kat is staying." I shrugged.

"I guess it is."