Part 14

~"So hold me, hold me 'til the river runs dry
I'm holding, holding onto you for dear life
'Cause I never know the words to say, but you forgive me anyway
Even though we both know I'm the reason you cry"~
- forgive - gnash & Sierra Deaton -

violence in the latter part of this chapter... you've been warned...

The bomb Gabriel was building for us was going to be a great help. Not only would it cause chaos in Sanctum but it would give us an opportunity to take down the Primes and get the people of Sanctum to believe in humane methods of surviving. Because we were fine ones to talk about being humane.

Gabriel was busy working. Clarke was talking to Bellamy, obviously being brought up to speed with the events that had happened while Josephine had takenover her body. I was sat with Octavia, her head in my lap, discussing what was going to happen in the very near future.

"What's going to happen to us?" I ask, stroking the hair out of her face. It was one of the rare moments that we got peace, and I was ruining it.

"What do you mean Cam?" She asked sitting up straight and looking me in the eye.

"When all of this is over, and the Primes are gone. Are you coming back Sanctum? Are you leaving again? 'Cause I don't think I can take you leaving agaim Octavia." I huff.

"If we win this, I'm coming back to Sanctum. I don't care what Bellamy says. I'm coming back with you." Octavia replied with certainty in her voice and a wide smile grew on my face. This was it. I thought to myself. This was our ending, here in Sanctum after everything. We were going to be happy.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"Guys the Primes, they're here." A girl said running into the building.

Gabriel stashed the bomb under some cloth and we all stood up ready to fight, or talk. Knowing Bellamy and Clarke, they'd try and take the passive route first and talk there way out of everything.

People ran into the building following the girl and in front of us stood none other that John Murphy. I rolled my eyes at him and spoke up.

"What happened to you dude? You used to be cool." I groaned, missing the Murphy that helped us when Clarke went into the city of light.

"Still am, except I'm going to live forever." He replied stepping closer to me.

"Who wants to live forever anyway." I countered taking a step forward, squaring up to him.

"Well I-"

"Enough of this, what are you doing here?" Bellamy said cutting Murphy off.

"They're here for me." Clarke said stepping forward and a look of shock spread over mine and Octavias' faces while Bellamys' was cool. Like they had planned for something like this. "And thank you, honestly these guys were starting to get boring. Jade, lets go home."

"Of course your holiness." Jade replied following Clarke out of the hut with the other guards in tow.

"That's not Josephine is it." Murphy asked.

"You say anything Murphy and I'll gut you like a fish." I spat at him and he held his hands up defensively as he too left the building. I took one look at Bellamy and smirked at him before leaving too.

I sat on a rock outside for what felt like hours. Night was drawing closer and so was our plan. Fear was starting to bubble inside of me. Nothing about what was going to happen tonight gave me a good feeling but I had to do it to save not only our people, but the people of Sanctum.