Chapter 14 ~ Beginning of the end II

~"Here we go again
Another go round for all of my friends
Another non stop will it ever end
Here we go again"~
- One Direction - Clouds - 

"What's the pass phrase Clarke?" Abby says again.

"I know your in there and I'm sorry." Clarke says desperately searching our mothers eyes. She turns away and starts talking to the air. ALIE, she's talking to ALIE.

"There friends are there weaknesses. Start with the Blakes." She says before turning back around and smirking at us.

Evil son of a bitch...

The second that she called for Bellamy and Octavia to be tortured my light-hearted and joking demeanour vanished and was replaced with a cold exterior. Abby could torture me all she wanted but she did not touch my friends.

There was a commotion in the room as people started making a noose. What the hell? Who are they killing? I think to myself, and that's when it dawns on me, Bellamy and O aren't coming so ALIE is trying to hit closer to home.

"Don't worry girls it's not for you." Abby says as she steps up onto a barrel and pulls the rope over her head.

"No mum what are you doing!? Stop!" Clarke shouts out.

"What's the pass phrase girls?" Abby asks

"I'm sorry." Clarke cries, letting a sole tear roll down her cheek.

"It's a no from me." I say staring forward, refusing to look my mother in the eyes. Then I hear her shuffle forward slightly. She asks us again but this time I stay quiet. I hear her shuffle again then a gagging sound fills the room.

I look over to my mum and se her dangling, gasping for air. I turn my head to look at Jaha and see him holding a candlestick in the air, preparing to swing it down onto Ontaris head.

All of a sudden, Bellamy and Murphy burst into the room and rush to Abby to get her down. I was shocked when I saw Murphy, the last time I saw him was before the war with the grounders. I thought he was dead.

"Bellamy stop him!" Clarke shouts gesturing to Jaha and Ontari, but it's too late. Jaha brought the candlestick down on Ontari and she dropped to the floor instantly.

Murphy unties me and I give him a quiet thank you before rushing over to Ontari. Clarke follows behind me and grabs a torch and shines the torch in her eyes. The blonde dropped the torch before slumping into the floor.

"It's over. Ontaris brain dead, she can't give us the kill code." She whispers

"No but she can." Murphy says back.

"I'm not letting her do this. She shouldn't have to be commander after this." Clarke hisses at him.

"You don't have a choice at the minute Clarke." I say to her.

"Wait! We could use the EMP on mum then make her transfuse Ontaris blood with mine. Then you and I can walk free after this." She says happily. I didn't want to be the one to take that happiness away so I let her.