Chapter 16 ~ Long Live The King

~"I was choking in the crowd
Building my rain up in the cloud
Falling like ashes to the ground
Hoping my feelings, they would drown"~
- Imagine Dragons - Believer -

Speech in Italics is trigedasleng in this chapter, also Skairipa is 'Death from Above' and Wanlida is 'Bringer of Death' Xx

Clarke, Bellamy and the others had all gone back to Arkadia, while Abby, Kane, Octavia and I stayed in Polis. Kane was Skaikrus representative and he needed some sort of protection and me and Octavia were that protection.

We were on our way to see Roan after finding out that Trishana Kru was planning to challenge him for leadership.

"How do you know this will work Kane?" I asked quietly.

"Because he has everything to lose." He said without looking at me.

Kane walked into the throne room first with Octavia and I on both sides of him. Roan gave us all a cold look before telling Azgeda guards to leave.

"Sorry to intrude Roan, but we have news that Trishana Krus ambassador, Rafel, is planning to challenge you for leadership." Kane says to Roan.

"Let him come." Roan says back without breaking eye contact with Kane.

"You'll lose." I laugh

"Yeah, Lexa kicked your ass without a bullet hole in your chest." Octavia says backing me up.

"At the minute Azgeda only holds the city by force. If I have to fight all the ambassadors to gain control then I will." Roan says looking at all three of us through narrowed eyes.

"We're not asking you to fight him yet, I want you to give us a chance to speak to him first. If we fail, then you get your fight." Kane says.

"Then you best not fail then." Roan says, ushering us out of the room.

"I have a bad feeling about this." I whisper to Octavia

"You and me both." She whispers back.

Rafel was a cold person. His long matted hair was always pulled back into a messy bun. His smile was like daggers, and his eyes sent knives at anyone he looked at. He despised Skaikru and Azgeda, so the likelihood of getting him to agree was slim.

"Ambassador could we have a word please. In private." Kane says to Rafel.

"Leave us, but Ilian, stay." Rafel says, avoiding Kane's eyes.

"We know you want to challenge King Roan, and we came to ask you to rethink your choices." Kane says, placing all his cards out on the table.

"Everything you've done and now you want diplomacy?" Rafel laughs.

"We never wanted all of this, ambassador." I spit at him. Then the boy, Ilian, pulls something out of his pocket at slams it down on the table. Once he removes his hand, all eyes are drawn to the chip that was used to get into the city of light.