Chapter 4 - A whole new clan

Chapter Song - Walking Out by Srbuk

A/N - The Italics in speech will be trigedasleng in this chapter <33

I was running through the forest to get as far away from Bellamy as possible.

How dare he think that he could just apologise for what he did and everything would be okay again. That would never be the case.

The likelihood I would ever trust him completely again was extremely slim, after all, he did almost kill me.

The forest was rushing past me in a blur of browns and greens, and the sight in itself was something to behold. All my life I'd been stuck staring at grey walls and grey clothes so seeing all these colours merge together was truly beautiful.

I stopped running for a moment when I got to a clearing, just to take in the Earth's beauty, but that peace and tranquility of the forest didn't last long.

I heard rustling from the trees around me, immediately putting me into panic mode. I span around on the spot but I saw no one around me, making me pull out one of my swords so I could protect myself and called out to, what I assumed, were people.

"Who's there!" I called, "C'mon dickheads show yourselves!"

Then a young girl with some crazy ass paint on her face emerged from the greenery with her sword drawn and pointing at my throat. She was gorgeous, but the look on her face was menacing and it definitely instilled some fear in me. Grounders were real.

"Who are you?" She says in a foreign language.

"I- I'm sorry, what are you saying" I replied, confused by the words coming out of her mouth.

"Who are you sky person?" She continues in this foreign language, as if I was suddenly going to understand this language.

"I only speak English." I say getting annoyed at this point. They should've gathered that I didn't speak whatever language they were talking in and made it easier for me to understand them, but no.

"Take it now." She ordered, then I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and my world very quickly went dark.

*****

"Take it off her." Says the voice from the forest.

Instantly everything gets brighter and I have to squint until my eyes adjusted to the brightness of the room. Where was I and why did my head sting like a bitch?

Then I remembered that while I was running from my problems, grounders had kidnapped me and taken me to wherever I was now.

The room I was in was old fashioned, drapes of material covered the walls and a throne stood there looking out over the room. It was like time had been frozen here and yet, the time capsule felt full of life, and in a strange way, I found the room to be beautiful.

"Ok I'm going to speak English now. I have some questions for you and I want you to answer them. Every time you refuse to answer a question my guard will cut your arm. Understood." She says. Too scared to say no, I nod my head at the girl.