Chapter 9 - Clouds II

~"Stand down
Drop these weapons now
We're walking in this lie
Walking in this lie"~
- Elias - Cloud -

(Part 2 to my last chapter! This chapter probably won't make much sense unless you've read Clouds I. Also imma make this chapter as emotional as possible, so have fun XD.)

"...we're trapped." I said, suddenly fearful of what was going to happen when Pike found us. Let's just say I didn't think I'd live to tell the tale.

"We'll get of here." Bellamy says, trying to reassure us.

"Bullshit Bellamy! We're going to die and you know it!" I say, losing it completely.

"Maybe you will! But not without a fight." He shouted back.

"What happened the last time you refused to back down without a fight Bellamy? Oh yeah, there was a war with the grounders. I don't know about you but I don't wanna put my life on the line for these twats." I spit.

"You might have to Cameron!" Clearly he was getting pissed too, because Bellamy never called me by my full name.

"Okay calm it down, we need to figure out a way to get out of here." Kane said, stepping in between us. I didn't realise how close we had gotten whilst arguing.

'Sir! There's movement near the main gate! I think it's them!" Monty's voice sounded through the radio.

"I guess he is with us." Miller whispered.

"He was always with us, he just got lost." I whisper back, whilst looking at Bellamy.

Once we get the all clear from Harper, we all make a run for it. It was now or never. Escape or die trying.

We reached Harper in a matter of minutes, and we are quickly ushered through with Bellamy taking the lead and Kane taking the rear. I steal a quick glance behind me and see Kane and Abby kissing.

"Ewww mum! My eyes are bleeding!" I say and Lincoln's eyes go wide. "Not literally Linc." I add on with a laugh and a roll of my eyes.

"I was going to say. There's no way that disease could get us here." He said back, whilst Octavia pulled him away. Little did I know that these words would be the last happy words I'd ever say to him.

'People of Arkadia. There are currently 4 prisoners with a death sentence trying to escape. But fear not, there will be an execution today. If at least one prisoner does not turn themselves in then the remaining grounder prisoners will die today. The choice is yours. Turn yourselves in or let the innocents die. That is all.'

I was seething. He was trying to draw us out by playing to our weaknesses. There was no way we'd get Lincoln out alive without the other grounders. I looked over at him and he just stared sadly into the ground, clearing up my thoughts. He was giving himself up.

"No Lincoln! I just got back! I'm not losing you again!" Octavia shouted with a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Octavia, I have to. They're my people, and they're innocent, I can't let them die." He says, remaining calm.

"Octavia we have to go." Kane says gently laying a hand on her arm.

"No! I'm not leaving him! I love you Lincoln! Please don't leave me." She says, and something in me just switches off. I knew she was in love with, but why did hearing her say it hurt so much.

I walked over and locked eyes with Lincoln and gave a small nod, telling him to do what he had to.

"You're braver than almost anyone I have ever met Octavia..." He starts as he plunges a syringe into her neck, "I'm so lucky to have fallen in love with you, but you have to let me go..."

"No! Lincoln... please... don't go..." Octavia says, drifting off into a sleep.

"...there is someone out there Octavia, waiting. Open your eyes and you'll find them." Lincoln says to her sleeping body, before flicking a glance my way.

"How did you know?" I say, but it comes out as nothing more than a whisper.

"You've always looked after her, more than the others. It just made sense." He said, not breaking his gaze from Octavia.

"Lincoln, she's going to hate us when she wakes up." I say, distressed.

"Just make sure she doesn't do anything stupid. She's going to need you more than ever now." He says trying to stay calm.

"Thank you for making her so happy Lincoln. I don't think we'll see this Octavia for a while." I say, letting the tears fall. Lincoln was one of my best friends. He was the boyfriend of girl I love. But not once has he been violent or spoken out of line, and now he was going to die.

"She'll get lost, but make sure she finds the right path again. Take care of her Cameron kom Trikru, Skairipa, Gona, Lukot. (Cameron from Trikru, Sky Murderer, Warrior, Friend.)" He says wrapping his arms around me briefly, places a kiss on Octavias head and then he leaves.

Kane holds Octavia until we get her to Helios and Venus. Then he places her small frame on the horse before we all leave. Bellamy. Kane. Abby. Sinclair. Miller. Bryan. Harper. Octavia. Me. Not Lincoln. He was walking to his death in order to save us.

We were about 5 minutes away from camp when Octavia stirred, and straight away, she started stumbling towards camp. Kane and I looked over to eachother, then ran after her.

When she stopped, we followed her line of gaze to where Lincoln was being put on his knees. He looked in our direction, and muttered something before Pike pulled the trigger.

He fell like a ton of bricks, and blood pooled out around his head, turning the murky grey water a deep shade of red. His body laying lifeless in the mud.

Octavia let out an ear splitting shriek before nestling into Kane's shoulder. She stays there for a minute before stepping out and scowling at Pike. Instantly, I knew what she was planning.

"O. It's not worth it." I warn.

"Like hell it's not!" She shouts back at me.

"Think about it O." I say, concern lacing my voice.

"I have, and I'm going to kill. Even if it's ts the last thing I do." She says menacingly. And just like that, the Octavia I knew and loved was gone, and it would be one hell of a battle to get her back. If we could get her back.

Authors note : So Lincoln is dead and I watched that episode like 3 times, so please appreciate the effort 😂😂.

This chapter took bare time to write, I just couldn't get into the flow of it.

Side note... um One Direction played on the radio the other day and I freaked!! I was 7 when they got together, 8 years on and I still stan them #NotAshamed 😂😂 (I'm 15, 16 in August).

^^If the chapters weren't any good, then now you know why. I'm literally a fetus in writing  XD.

Anyways, leave a vote and comment

Casey Xx

( Word Count : 1200)