Chapter 15 ~ Spaces

~"Spaces between us
Keep getting deeper
It's harder to reach you
Even though I try"~
- One Direction - Spaces -

There was an eerie silence on the climb back down to the ground. No one said a word. Only empty space filled the gaps where noise should be.

I jumped off the ladder and immediately the silence was broken by sobbing. People had finally gotten there pain back and it wasn't as uplifting as I thought it would be. Grounders were cradling dead family members, friends, children. These people were broken. How the hell are we going to tell them they're going to die in six months?

It was tough, knowing that the human race had a few months left and there was nothing we could do to stop it. I made my way over to where Bellamy and Clarke were standing to hear Ravens voice on the radio.

"Tell me how my friends are first." Raven said

"Alive." I whispered

"Yeah for now, Raven did ALIE ever tell you why she made the city of light?" Clarke asked

"No why?" Raven said, sounding worried.

People started shouting about a king being hurt, and Clarkes head shot up.

"Roans hurt, Bell can you fill her in?" Clarke said, running away.

"Yeah go." He said with a smirk.

"Hurry up and go for her Blake." I say laughing at him whilst running after Clarke.

"Shut up Griffin." He grinned before turning away and filling Raven in.

When I got to the square I saw Clarke and Abby hunched over Roan trying to see what injuries he actually had. Then Clarke was suddenly pulled up onto her feet and had a sword held against her throat.

"Really Echo? Your doing this right now?" I say with a huff and drawing my sword.

"Quiet Skairipa or I will slice her throat." Echo spits.

"Your bluffing." I smirk.

"Echo! Let her go! Let her go Echo!" Bellamy shouts, running over to the square and getting held back by Kane.

"I saw you in the city of light. I know you destroyed it. Thank you for that." Echo says to Clarke before pushing her away and into Bellamys arms.

"Told you, you were bluffing." I grin at her, earning me a look that could kill.

"Skaikru did this to us! They killed these people! With no commander, and with the King unable to speak at the minute, I claim Polis as Azgedas. Azgeda will rule Polis from here on out. Gon Azgeda!" Echo shouts, and all Azgeda warriors cheer with her.

"Well done Griffin you got her mad and now we're dead." Issac says from behind me, making me jump. When did he get there?

"Bloody hell Issac. A warning would be nice next time." I say playfully hitting him on the chest

"Or what? You'll slice my throat?" He says mocking Echo, and we walk away laughing trying to make light of the fact that we could die at any moment.