Chapter 12 ~ Ascende Superius

~"You've got no place to hide
And I'm feeling like a villain
Got a hunger inside"~
- Ruelle - Monsters -

"Becca's diary is incredible. At 26 She found a pathway to access the human mind, and that same year she had to lock ALIE away because she was becoming too dangerous." Raven said, excited by the new information she suddenly had.

"So ALIE 2.0 was a way to atone for her sins." Sinclair added.

"Exactly, except she had to alter her genes." Raven finished.

"Nightblood. That's why we need Luna." Clarke said, spinning round in her chair to face us.

"Because she can shut down ALIE 1 using ALIE 2.0." Octavia said.

Thankfully everyone seemed to forget that I was a nightblood, and intended to keep it that way. I wasn't strong enough to face ALIE, I could barely keep myself together. I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard Bellamy talking into the radio.

"Miller come in. Are you there? We're two minutes out." He said, even though there was no reply coming from the other side.

"That's a good start." Jasper said sarcastically, causing me to snigger a little.

We came up to the gates of Arkadia to see that the gates were no longer there. What the hell happened while we were gone?

"Why the hell isn't the gate fixed yet?" Clarke said.

"It's like a ghost town." I whispered as I got out of the rover and drew my sword.

Everything about Arkadia was creepy. There was nothing everywhere.  It was like everyone had upped and left in the middle of everything. Food was half finished, toys had been dumped on the floor and everything was silent. There wasn't any trace of human life anywhere. It was empty.

I looked around and saw Octavia staring at one spot on the ground that was stained with blood. Lincoln.

"Let's just get his book and get out of here." She said moving away from the spot where Lincoln died.

"I second that." Jasper huffed before following Octavia. Once they had left Bellamy looked over at me as if he was pleading me to follow them.

"I'll go check on them." I said as I walked over the the room had Octavia and Jasper had entered.

"It's okay to fall apart sometimes Octavia." Jasper said to O as I entered the room.

"Everything okay?" I whisper.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Octavia said wiping her nose on her sleeve. It was horrible seeing her fall apart this way, and all I wanted was to scoop her into my arms and hug her until she felt okay again, but knowing Octavia, that wouldn't work.

"I'm always going to be here for you O." I say in a hushed voice before turning around to leave.

"Cammie." She said, spinning me around to face her, "don't make promises you can't keep." She said, completely broken.

"Who says I'm going to break it?" I smirk before leaving Octavia to potter around and find Lincoln's book.

I was just about go hear back to Clarke and Bellamy when all of a sudden Jasper stumbled into view with a gash on his forehead.

"Jasper what the he-" I started but he cut me off with one word.

"Run."

So I did. I started running until a sharp pain went through my head, sending my world spinning, then everything went black as my head hit the floor.