Part 1

~"Everybody's got their demons
Even wide awake or dreaming
I'm the one who ends up leaving
Make it okay"~
- 5 Seconds Of Summer - Jet Black Heart -

The cold of the ground chilled my knees. My head was bowed and a lone tear rolled silently down my cheek. I should've kept my mouth shut. I shouldn't have spoken up. I ruined everything. All those years of refusing to fight. Now I was paying the price for my actions.

If I could turn back time...

"You are all here for crimes against Blodreina." Gaia said from beside Octavia.

"Quiet Gaia, they are enemies of Wonkru, they don't deserve a final speech." Octavia spat staring directly into my eyes. "They refused to fight, now they must die."

Octavia walked up to me first and grabbed her sword. The look on her face was enough to tell me she was waiting for someone to stop her, but when no one did I decided to speak up.

"O? Even though I'm going to die in a few seconds, just know that I still love you. You're already forgiven." I smiled through the tears, which were flowing like a river by this time.

"I'm sorry." Octavia whispered. Then she brought the sword over her head and just as she was about to bring it down, there was a loud rumble. Dust and rubble cascaded to the floor.

I'd live to see another day, but I'd have to put up with the pain of losing Octavia because of it.

* 6 years before *

"Octavia, Skaikru have taken the canteen and hydrofarm. They have disrespected Wonkru! The only way to give Jaha time to get the door open is if you go and fight the people willing to kill the innocent and guilty!" I whisper-shouted at Octavia.

"I can't Cameron! I'm not a leader!" She hissed back.

"Now you have to be! Lead us Octavia, take us home again." I pleaded.

"Fine but you stay and keep an eye on Jaha. I'm not losing you too." Octavia whimpered.

"I'm not going anywhere O." I replied. We nodded at eachother and then she left to get the bunker back. To get Wonkru back. I walked over to Jaha and slumped down next to him and let out a sigh.

I wanted Octavia to do well. I wanted her to lead but if she can't have confidence in herself 42 days in then we were seriously screwed.

"You love her, don't you?" Jaha said.

"How are you so good at spotting this shit Jaha?" I asked, comfier as to how he knew when he'd seen Octavia and I together for only a few weeks.

"I know people in love when I see it Cameron. All you can do is be there for her until she feels the same way." Jaha whispered, stumbling over his words slightly.

"Which will be never."

"Just give her time. But for now can you wrap something around the wound on my stomach. I don't want to die before opening the door." He said and I immediately ripped a line of my shirt off and tied it around Jaha's waist.

I didn't care if it left my scarred stomach exposed, right now Jaha was our only shot at opening that door.

He worked silently as I stared at the wall, contemplating what I should do about the whole Octavia situation, until my body decided to drift off to sleep.