Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"I have not," said Regulus, "It seems pointless and I have far better things to do."

"Like talking to me?" said Odette with a teasing smile as she looked up at him. Regulus rose an eyebrow before he shook his head.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, I came here to ask you about that dream you told me abou the other day."

"You seem really interested in that dream," said Odette as she threw another stone. It skipped once, twice, thrice, a fourth time, and before it even sunk, she had another stone in her hand, Regulus looked around, he didn't understand where she was getting all the stones from, but he didn't say anything in fear that they would stray off topic again.

"And you don't seem that interested in your dream," said Regulus, "Which is different from before."

"I've experienced weirder than a reoccurring dream," said Odette, "But I'm still up for deciphering it. Do you have anything?"

"The room. . .was there any photos or portraits? A reflection?"

"Of course there was a reflection, it was a mirror," said Odette, "Come on, you're smarter than that."

Regulus remained silent before he said, "Yes, I am aware that there was a reflection. However, was it really the reflection of the same person who threw the water bottle?"

"I don't really know," said Odete, "The mirror was foggy. Who else would it be — can I call you Regulus?"

Regulus blinked in surprise at the sudden question before he gave a hesitant nod, "Sure. . ."

"Really? Great! I would let you call me Odette, but you already do that, so I guess there's no point. . ."

"That's. . .nice, but can we return to your dream? Listen, do you still have it?"

"The dream?" said Odette, "I stopped having it after the fifth night. I have other weird dreams now."

"Listen," said Regulus, "Look closely for any portraits, pictures, reflections, or even people in the background. Don't just assume that the people are the same or unimportant. Can you do that?"

"I guess," said Odette, "Why?"

"I'll explain later," said Regulus, "Tell me when you've done what I've asked."

"Wait! Let me ask you a question," said Odette as she wrapped her hand around his sleeve to prevent him from leaving. It was soft and it felt expensive, so she let it go as soon as he gave her his attention.

"Yes?"

"Why do you speak so formally to me?" said Odette, "You don't have to, you know?"

"Would you rather me be rude?" said Regulus with an eye roll.

"Assuming you aren't already?" said Odette. She had to bite her lip to prevent herself from smiling as Regulus glared down at her. She wasn't scared by him, but he sure did know how to intimidate others.

Odette picked up the stone, though she was certain she ran out a couple of moments ago, and stood up. She held it in the center of her palm and leaned her hand towards him. Regulus looked down from her face to her outstretched hand.