Chapter 50: Perfected Imperfections

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Hina." Onee-chan says before taking a sip.

"So Onee-chan, I was thinking that we can hang out after school today." I say. Onee-chan gives me the same strange look she did earlier.

"Alright Hina, I guess we could use some time together." Onee-chan says.

"Great!" I exclaim as we continue eating breakfast. You can do this Hina, you don't need him anymore, never again... Eventually we both head off to school.

--------------------

After school

Onee-chan and I met up at a family restaurant, we ordered some fries to share. Onee-chan and I both love fries, so this should be boppin'.

"How was school Onee-chan?" I ask.

"It went by relatively well, other than some students misbehaving and not wearing their uniforms prop-" Onee-chan says before she cut herself off as she stares off somewhere.

--------------------

[Sayo's POV]

As I was talking to Hina I see over at another table Udagawa-san with a downcast expression, playing with her food. Seeing her reminds me of how Minato-san snapped at her and how we lost her, Imai-san and Shirokane-san. How it's just me and Minato-san in Roselia now. I feel a pain in my chest suddenly appear. I can see Udagawa-san's lips slowly moving, I can barely make out what she's saying.

"I... don't need... Onee-chan anymore..." As Udagawa-San says this, those words keep ringing in my head, even as I look back at Hina, when suddenly, it almost feels like... Hina... is...

"Hina... we should go..." I say.

"Eh, but why?" Hina asks me with a confused look. I quickly grab Hina by her arm, drop enough Yen for our order on the table and drag her out of the restaurant.

"Wait Onee-chan!" Hina exclaims as I drag her along.

"Onee-chan what's wrong?" Hina asks me as her arm slips from my grasp.

"Is there anything you want to talk about?" Hina asks.

Those words...

"Is there anything you want to talk about?"

I remember him saying those words to me before. He told me I could talk to him if I needed someone to talk to and that he would listen... But he's not here anymore... He's gone... and he'll never come back...

"There's nothing I want to talk about Hina. I just don't feel well right now and want to go home." I say as I start walking home.

"Onee-chan..." I hear Hina say as she follows behind me.

--------------------

The next day [Hina's POV]

Onee-chan was acting weird yesterday, I wonder what happened? Did I... fail? How? How did I fail? I did what I thought he would do and I still couldn't get Onee-chan to feel better. What did I do wrong?

"Onee-chan." I call out to her as I enter her room.

"What is it Hina?" Onee-chan replies.

"Are you alright?" I ask her.

"Yes, I'm fine." Onee-chan says.

"No, you're not." I exclaim.

"What are you saying Hina? I'm telling you I'm fine, there's nothing wrong with me." Onee-chan tells me.