And so they started to move again to finish the chores they decided to fulfill.

The breakfast turned out well and after a while they even managed to coax Midoriya into the house to sit with them - though he had the conditions that the window stayed open and that he sat right next to the opening.

After eating they lead the boy to the abandoned and dusty cottage which hadn’t been thought of in the past two years.

The kid had been delighted and didn’t stop to thank them for their generosity.

When Mrs Iida offered to clean the house for him the greenette had been disappointed and almost begged to be allowed to cleanse the house by himself which no one wanted to deny him.

Tenya was sure he’s never seen someone being so happy about being forced to clean and repair a whole house.

It was five hours after that when he returned to the cottage to fetch Midoriya for lunch, and the atmosphere around the building changed thoroughly.

The walls seemed to be freshly painted and the roof had been repaired as well.
The door shimmer thanks to a lair of new varnish.
The doorknob had been polished.
All the windows were only distinguishable because of their reflections.

The curtains were missing and allowed one to see the scrubbed wooden floor and the tiles in the kitchen shone through the glass of  the according windows.

All in all the kitchen looked great and appetizing enough to really consider it as a place to cook; because five hours prior he wouldn’t have touched anything that left this place.

The ravenette knocked and the door in front of him was ripped open.

Midoriya grinned happily, his healthy eye glistened with joy and giddiness - and even if his teeth were coloured yellow and brown for the most part and practically screamed that they needed to see a dentist - his expression was almost yelling from the rooftops that he was lucky and exited what his life could bring now that it was looking up, it even made Tenya smile slightly.

“You really made a miracle happen to this cottage.”, was his comment as he took in the difference to before whilst Izuku smiled humbly.

“It was a bit to work on but it turned out rather well. Of course you or someone of your family would have been faster and better than I, still I didn't want to be a burden… and I really enjoyed to do something different.”, explained the greenette and rubbed a hand over the back of his neck nervously.

Tenya shook his head unbelieving.

“Don’t be so hard to yourself. You did more than we did in these last years.”, he disagreed with wide gestures.

The other teen seemed to think about arguing but decided against it and mumbled a meek “Thanks.”

“Oh. By the way, what brought you here, Iida-Kun?”

“Ah, yes. We’re having lunch.”,
told the taller boy and pointed into the direction of the main building,
“We also wanted to talk with you about your stay.”

The smile on the face of the emerald eyed boy became forced and the happy light left his eyes, too.

“Ah… yeah. Of course.”, mumbled the small teen and it sounded like he actually said “I don’t wanna have any problems”.

Tenya felt like shaking his head at Midoriyas reaction.
The boy didn’t even try to see something positive and always jumped to the worst-case-szenario which was an awful trait, really.

On the other hand, maybe when one wanted to survive on the streets they had to be wary of everything and everyone to stop hope from rising within - and eight years of bullying might just install the same mindset: Don’t trust!