14 | The project

Since I usually walked to school, I failed to notice that the school's parking lot in the morning is packed and full of students. Everyone is doing something, whether it's talking in groups or lost in their phones leaning against their car.

So when I enter the parking lot in my car, due to that noise it makes, I catch the majority of the attention of the students. I mean, they don't see a RS 7 passing through streets just like that, it's exclusive for a reason.

So much for trying to keep out of people's way. But as long as they don't bother me, I'm all cool.

They mess with me, I mess with them. Simple as that. Students don't bother me, I don't bother them. I may stay away, sit alone at lunch, don't have friends and all, but that doesn't mean I would let anyone walk over me just like that.

Hardly anyone recognized me, and those who did, keep it to themselves. It's not like I'm Ms. Popular or something.

I think most of them even believe that I'm a new girl or something. In fact, a guy even approached me and asked if I'm a new student.

Anyway, as I take my seat in Biology, I see Harvey approaching me.

"I didn't know you were rich, AJ," he mused, leaning on the desk.

"You don't know a lot of things about me, Harvey," I replied with the same tone as his

He smirked and took the seat right beside me. Where his things are, I don't know. But he seems like staying there until the next period.

Just as the teacher was about to start the class, the door slammed open to reveal the school's golden boy.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Gary Chapman—star football player of La Salle High. His grades are something you would always envy about. He's got girls and guys swooning at him.

But one thing you should know about him, he's bisexual. It's no news that he also likes guys, but last year when he revealed that he's got a boyfriend, people didn't take the news well.

His fan following dropped, but it's still a big one anyway. And that certainly didn't stop him to date guys or make out with one in public. He has female dates too.

Well, what he does is none of my business. These were just the facts. But one another fact is that all this good boy thing he has going on is just a facade.

He's a bully underneath. He torments new students, underclassmen, freshmen... How didn't teachers notice that? That's out of my reach.

Anyway, right now, he's standing at the door, apologizing to the teacher for being late. And the teacher seemed to fall for his facade and that stupid story of his mother being sick and let him in.

Ms. Williams, the Biology teacher, introduced us to the project of this semester, which we will be doing in groups of three or four. By the end of the term, we will have to present it in front of the class.

Just as I was about to go to Ms. Williams and ask her if I could work alone, Harvey grabbed my arm, stopping me from standing up.

"Work with me, uh?" He said

"Actually, I would rather work alone, thank you," I forced a smile at him

"Why?" He asked with a frown.

"Because I work alone," I deadpanned

"What's that supposed to mean?" His frown deepened

I didn't answer him. Instead, I got up and went to the teacher if I could work alone. Which she said no, and I didn't understand why.

"But I always work alone, Ms. Williams, " I whined.

"You have been working alone in past years, but this year you have to make a change. And this project is important since it'll decide most of your grade. And it's supposed to be done in groups for a reason," Ms. Williams explained calmly

"Ow, but-" I started, but she cut me off

"No buts. You are supposed to work in groups, and that's final. Oh, and that reminds me of something. There are these two students that take online classes, and they are supposed to work on the project too. I'll give you their contacts, and you'll be working with them. Seems cool?" She asked

Two students? Taking online classes? And I'm supposed to work with them? Why me?

"You don't get along with your classmates. Well, if you would have tried to fit in, you would have. So, you should be glad that we have two students who need a group as well, and don't attend classes. You contact them as soon as possible and start working on it. They have the details on the project," she shuffled around her folder and retrieved a paper with their information.

"Here," she handed me the paper and told me to take my seat.

Ugh.

Why did they invent group projects?

I collapsed on my seat, trying to avoid the amusing grin of Harvey.

"Seems like you are working with me since the groups are packed," He smirked at me.

Something told me that he didn't get grouped purposely.

But I place the paper on the desk anyway, "You, me and these two who take online classes," I muttered

He reads the names out loud, and to say that I was surprised by those was an understatement.

"Archer Finch and Iris Jones," he mused

I snapped my head toward him, to see him grinning as if he knows something I don't.

Archer Finch. Is that Finch? I ask Harvey exactly that and he confirmed it.

I'll contact the girl when I get home, ask my mother and aunt for the permission of going out for the project for the rest of the semester.

"I'll tell Archer when I get home," Harvey tells me "Finally, that bastard can find a reason to attend school,"

Huh?

* * *

i love you, you wonderful human being.