Pretend Pt. 2

"So how are things between you and Brian?" He said as his handing slowly slipped out of my grasp.

Why does he ask me about Brian so much?

Why did he let go?

Coolness slipped into the crevices of my fingers and once again I found myself wanting to hold his hand forever. I couldn't help it anymore.

He made me feel less alone.

"They are fine. But, it's so off and on. One day we are good, one day I don't know anything." I spoke out. You could hear a soft sadness in my tone.

I didn't want to talk about Brian. I wanted to talk about our friendship. About each other. I could talk to Sydney about Brian. But with Bren there was the burning need to know him. Now there's even a need to touch him.

"Don't know anything?" He questioned.

"Yeah, about how I feel." It took a second to realize what I had just said.

Why did I say that? What made me say that? Was it true?

For the love of god Kat, you don't like Brendon!

I like Brian.

I know I do.

No need to question.

Right?

"What do you mean?" He questioned again.

"Nothing. I think I'm just having a hard time believing he honestly likes me."

Good save.

Good save.....

Which partially is correct.

"Why wouldn't he like you Kat?" Brendon said nearly gasping out his words.

"He was the prep in high school Bren. Girls aren't really something he has ever had a problem with. He could have any one he wants but he chooses to take an interest in me. The nobody." I spoke out. I was now realizing things I had pushed to the dark crevices of my Brain. I was convincing my self of liking two guys who were more than likely still around because they feel sorry for me. Well Brendon is stuck with me. But, that's another story.

"Kat, you need to stop right now." He rushed out.

I looked at him puzzled.

"I was just answering your question Bren." I shot back.

"No, you're not. You're not appreciating who you are and that's not gonna fly with me Kat!" He smiled.

"Bren, I was just telling you like it is." I said looking back down at my feet dangling over the edge of the city.

Without hearing a single shift in motion, Bren was standing over me with a hand out in my direction. How did he get up so fast? How did I not hear him?

Before grabbing his hand I looked at it curiously and said "What are you doing?"

"Get your ass up!" He said into the open air.

I let out a soft laugh and gripped onto his strength and he pulled me back onto my feet.

I looked at him and said "Now what?"

He motioned for me to follow him.

So I did.

Watching him walk in front of me, watching his swift and silent movements made me want to touch him again. To feel him. But I couldn't.

So I just followed close behind.

Everything around me felt cooler whenever I was near Brendon.