3. Back To Hogwarts

Y/N's POV

Today, I travelled with the Weasleys to King's Cross, when we arrived I saw that Ginny was looking quite nervous, she looked at me.

"What if I crash when I run?"

"You won't," I replied confidently, "how about I go with you and I'll help you get on the Hogwarts' Express and everything?" I suggested.

Ginny nodded and smiled, I grabbed my trolley whilst she grabbed hers and I counted down from three before the two of us went running towards the wall.

Seconds later, we saw the scarlet Hogwarts' Express and many other children with their parents saying goodbye.

"Thanks for having me, Mrs Weasley." I said politely before hugging Mrs Weasley and shaking Mr Weasley's hand.

"Anytime Y/N," Mrs Weasley smiled, "the Burrow is like your second home."

I then walked onto the train with Ginny by my side. In the corner of my eye I saw Issac, Fred and George with Lee Jordan messing around.

"Let's find you a compartment." I told Ginny.

"Why can't I sit with you?"

"I would love for you to sit with me and my friends. But don't you want to try make friends in your year?" I said nicely. "Plus, Harry's gonna sit with us, and I know how you get around him."

Ginny went bright red. "Shut up Y/N!"

I chuckled before carrying on finding a compartment for her, in the end I found a compartment with this first year girl, Luna.

"See you at Hogwarts Ginny." I said, waving at her before leaving.

Once I left I started looking around for a compartment which I presumed Harry and Ron or Hermione had saved. However, after wandering around a bit I could only find a compartment with Hermione in it, no Ron or Harry.

I knocked on the compartment door before opening it. "Mind if I sit here?"

"Nope, feel free." Hermione smiled, I then sat opposite her.

"What book you reading?" I asked

"Just some of Lockhart's books."

I snickered. "You really believe the crap he writes?"

"Of course! It's not 'crap', you're just jealous!"

I sighed, maybe part of me was jealous, but I wouldn't admit that to her.

"Anyways, do you know where Harry and Ron are?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"No, I thought you were with them?"

"I last saw them at King's Cross, I went through the wall before them cause I went with Ginny." I explained.

Just then, I saw something out the corner of my eye. At first I couldn't believe it.

It was the Weasleys' flying car.

Hermione noticed it too. "Is that...is that them?"

I looked carefully at the car and I was not mistaken when I saw Harry and Ron. "Yep..." I sighed. "Great way to start off the second year."

"They're going to be in so much trouble." Hermione said disapprovingly.

"Don't worry 'Mione, this time it doesn't involve us."

We spent the rest of the train journey chatting, eating some sweets and just getting ready for the second year. When we arrived, we didn't take the boats but instead we took some carriages.

"Hermione, do you see them?" I asked, referring to the black creatures dragging the carriages.

"There's nothing Y/N."

"Wait a minute...they're Thestrals." I figured out. "You only see them if you've witnessed death."

As a kid I did actually witness death, I was over at my uncle's place when some Death Eaters came by surprise. I hid in the attic with my cousins and my aunt. We waited and waited for my uncle to come back, but he never did and we were collected by some Aurors (my father included) who told us that my uncle had been killed. I witnessed it since there was a crack in the attic floor where you could look through. I saw these masked figures blast green light at my uncle, seconds later, he was gone.

I didn't really want to bring it up since it did bring back bad memories so instead of explaining and I just got into the carriage.

Luckily, the brief moment of sadness that I had quickly disappeared when I saw the Hogwarts castle, I smiled.

I was back at Hogwarts again, and I was ready for hopefully a less, 'Voldemort involved' year since well, the whole Philosopher Stone incident.