22. The Memory

Y/N's POV

When we arrived, we were standing at the end of a very long, dimly lit chamber. Towering stone pillars entwined with more carved serpents rose to support a ceiling lost in darkness, casting long, black shadows through the odd, greenish gloom that filled the place.

I pulled out my wand and moved forward. Every footstep echoed loudly off the walls. I kept my eyes narrowed, ready to clamp them shut at the smallest sign of movement.

At the end of the chamber, facedown, lay a small, black robed figure with flaming red hair.

"Ginny!" I muttered, sprinting to her and dropping to my knees. "Ginny-don't be dead, please don't be dead-"

I flung my wand aside, grabbed Ginny's shoulders, and turned her over. Her face was white as marble, yet her eyes were closed, so she wasn't petrified.

Harry was next to me, looking at Ginny with worry.

"Ginny, please wake up," Harry muttered desperately, shaking her.

"She won't wake," said a soft voice.

I jumped and spun around, a tall, black haired boy was leaning against the nearest pillar, watching. I couldn't mistake him.

"Tom? Tom Riddle?" I said.

Riddle nodded, not taking his eyes off me or Harry's face.

"What d'you mean, she won't wake?" Harry said desperately. "She's not, she's not-?"

"She's still alive," said Riddle, "but only just."

"Are you a ghost?" I asked uncertainly.

"A memory," said Riddle quietly, "preserved in a diary for fifty years."

He pointed to the black diary, lying open close by.

"You've got to help me, Tom," I said, desperately, "we've got to get her out of here. There's a Basilisk...I don't know where it is, but it could be along any moment...please, help me."

I started to lift Ginny up, and when I did, I was searching for my wand, but it had gone, along with Harry's.

I looked at Riddle again who was now holding me and Harry's wand, but he looked like he wasn't planning on giving it back.

"Listen," I said urgently, "we've got to go! If the Basilisk comes-"

"It won't come until it is called," said Riddle calmly.

I then lowered Ginny back onto the floor, unable to hold her up any longer.

"What d'you mean?" I said. "Look, give me and Harry back our wands, we might need it-"

Riddle's smile broadened.

"You both won't be needing it," he said.

Harry stared at him.

"What d'you mean, we won't be-?"

"I've waited a long time for this," said Riddle, "for the chance to see you. To speak to the both of you."

"Look," I said, losing patience, "I don't think you get it. We're in the Chamber of Secrets. We can talk later-"

The Chamber of Secrets | Hermione Granger x Male Reader (Book Two)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें