2. Gilderoy Lockhart

Y/N's POV

Today, I was going to Diagon Alley with the Weasleys and Harry just so they could get their stuff. I already got my stuff so I was merely just tagging along. I already had the books and was surprised at the amount of Lockhart books, personally I thought that he was a fraud.

SECOND YEARS WILL REQUIRE

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade Two by Miranda Goshawk

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Before we left, I went out to the small field the Weasleys owned and played some Quidditch with Ron, the twins, Issac and Harry. We used apples instead of actual Quidditch gear just in case we lost it and Muggles found them, nevertheless it was all fun.

After travelling to Diagon Alley and rescuing Harry from Knockturn Alley, we started browsing around all the stores. I offered to pay for Ginny's school equipment and buy a few sets of Lockhart books for the Weasleys but they weren't hearing any of it. However, in the end I managed to persuade them.

I knew the Weasleys weren't as lucky, financially, as my family so I would do anything to help them since they were pratically my second family.

We were walking when I heard a girl's voice come from behind me. "Y/N!"

It was Hermione and she was rushing towards me before hugging me. "Hey 'Mione." I smiled.

She then greeted Harry and Ron before dragging my over to introduce me to her parents. "Pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs Granger." I said, shaking both their hands.

"So this is the Y/N our Hermione has been talking so much about." Mrs Granger said, looking at me and then Hermione.

"Mum! Stop!" Hermione said, blushing slightly. I couldn't help but go a little red inside, since Hermione had been talking about me.

"Good things I hope." I replied, chuckling.

"I don't see anything wrong with you." Mr Granger chuckled.

Minutes later, I was now with the Weasleys plus Hermione, Issac and Harry and we were walking around. Mr and Mrs Weasley were saying that they were going to go with Ginny to get her some school stuff, I gave them some money so that she didn't have to have everything second handed.

"We'll all meet at Flourish and Blotts in an hour to buy your school books," said Mrs. Weasley, setting off with Ginny, "and not one step down Knockturn Alley!" she shouted at the twins in particular.

I headed off with Hermione, Harry and Ron whilst the twins and Issac did their own thing.

I ended up buying four large strawberry ice creams, which we slurped happily as we wandered up the alley, examining the fascinating shop windows. I saw Ron gaze longingly at a full set of Chudley Cannon robes in the windows of Quality Quidditch Supplies until Hermione dragged us off to buy ink and parchment next door. In Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop, we met Fred, George, and Issac, who were stocking up on Dr. Filibuster's Fabulous, No Heat Fireworks, and later, in a tiny junk shop full of broken wands, old cloaks and other antique items we found Percy, deeply immersed in a small and deeply boring book called Prefects Who Gained Power.

An hour later, we headed for Flourish and Blotts. We were by no means the only ones making our way to the bookshop. As we approached it, we saw to our surprise a large crowd jostling outside the doors, trying to get in. The reason for this was proclaimed by a large banner stretched across the upper windows,

GILDEROY LOCKHART

will be signing copies of his autobiography

MAGICAL ME

today 12:30 - 4:30

"We can actually meet him!" Hermione squealed. "I mean, he's written almost the whole booklist!"

I didn't say anything, there was an odd feeling in my stomach when Hermione said this, but I ignored this feeling.

When Lockhart spotted Harry he dragged him up there and I felt bad for him, the poor boy would attract attention wherever he went due to his childhood.

"When young Harry here stepped into Flourish and Blotts today, he only wanted to buy my autobiography, which I shall be happy to present him now, free of charge."

The crowd applauded again.

"He had no idea," Lockhart continued, giving Harry a little shake, "that he would shortly be getting much, much more than my book, Magical Me. He and his schoolmates will, in fact, be getting the real magical me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have great pleasure and pride in announcing that this September, I will be taking up the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!"

"Oh my! He's going to be teaching us!" Hermione exclaimed as she cheered and clapped for the man.

I sighed and looked at Ron as we though we were saying 'What a bunch of crap'

When we were exiting the shop, we had quite an unpleasant run-in with Lucius and Draco Malfoy.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter?" said Draco with a sneer.

"Famous Harry Potter," said Malfoy, "can't even go into a bookshop without making the front page."

"Leave him alone, he didn't want all that!" said Ginny. It was the first time she had spoken in front of Harry. She was glaring at Malfoy.

"Potter, you've got yourself a girlfriend!" drawled Malfoy. Ginny went scarlet.

"I feel like someone's a bit jealous. I mean, you couldn't make it on the front page unless it was for world's ugliest face and no girl would ever stand up for you cause everyone knows what an absolute dickhead you are." I said calmly, smirking at Malfoy.

"Of course of all people you would be here L/N." Malfoy sneered. "Your parents abandoned you again?"

"They're working." I said, trying to fight off the urge to punch him.

Draco opened his mouth to say something but his father interrupted. "Draco, play nice."

He then grabbed one of Ginny's books before tossing it back into her cauldron.

He then looked at me. "Oh hello Y/N, say hi to your parents for me."

"Still upset about that time my dad embarrassed you in front of your friends Lucius?" I smirked. He merely glared at me before telling Draco to leave.

Before I left, I said goodbye to Hermione.

"See you soon 'Mione."

"See you Y/N."