9. Mrs Norris

Y/N's POV

During both Ron and Harry's detentions, me and Hermione were talking in the Common Room.

We were just talking when Hermione brought up a question that I really didn't want to answer.

"You know uh, what Harry said at Hagrid's about me and you, why do you think he said that?"

I gulped, I thought for a bit before replying. "He was probably just messing around. Just a joke."

I could've sworn Hermione looked sad when she replied with an "Ok."

I wasn't sure what to say next, but when I opened my mouth to say something, I heard this voice.

"Come...come to me...let me rip you...let me tear you...let me kill you.."

"Uh, 'Mione, did you hear that?" I asked, looking around for who could've said it. There was no one in the Common Room, since it was quite late.

"What voice Y/N?" Hermione said, concern in her eyes.

"Nevermind, my mind's probably playing tricks on me." I said, with a weak chuckle.

Hermione didn't reply but instead looked at me with concern. Just then Ron came back from his detention looking all worn out. "I think I'm going straight to bed." he yawned.

"Night Ron." I said looking at the boy, he seemed exhausted.

Not long after Harry burst through the portrait hole. "Did you guys hear the voice?"

"I did..." I said, looking at Harry, "it was like going to kill someone?"

"Yeah I heard that as well." Harry replied.

Hermione, who was now quite concerned urged us to tell Dumbledore.

"Maybe we're just really tired. Maybe we should go to bed." Harry sighed.

I nodded.

"Night 'Mione." I said before hugging the girl and climbing the stairs up to the dormitories.

The next day, it was Halloween and I was looking forward to all the decorations that would be around the school. We were dragged along to Nearly Headless Nick's Deathday party in the evening, so we missed out dinner.

In the end, most of us were bored so Ron suggested that we go back to the Great Hall.

"Maybe there's still some pudding?" he said, eager at the idea of actual food.

"Let's just get out of here." I said. The four of us made our way towards the entrance hall, and then I heard the voice again.

"...rip...tear...kill..."

Harry seemed to of hear it as well, he looked at me.

"Do you hear it as well Y/N?"

I nodded. We both went to the nearest wall and pressed our ears against it, we were trying to figure out where this voice was coming from, since it obviously wasn't anyone nearby.

"Harry, Y/N, what are you-?" Ron asked.

"It's that voice again, shut up a minute." I replied

"...so hungry...for so long..."

"Listen!" said Harry urgently to me, as Ron and Hermione froze, watching us.

"...kill...time to kill..."

The voice was growing faint, it seemed to be moving, moving away.

"This way," I shouted, and then I began to run, up the stairs, into the entrance hall. It was no good hoping to hear anything here, the babble of talk from the Halloween feast was echoing out of the Great Hall. I sprinted up the marble staircase to the first floor, Harry, Ron and Hermione following behind me.

"Y/N, what are we-"

"SHH!"

I heard the voice come from the floor above.

"...I smell blood...I SMELL BLOOD!"

My stomach lurched. "It's going to kill someone!" I shouted, ignoring Ron and Hermione's bewildered faces, I ran up the next flight of steps three at a time, trying to listen over my own footsteps, me and Harry hurtled around the whole of the second floor, Ron and Hermione panting behind us, not stopping until they turned a corner into the last, deserted passage.

"Y/N, Harry, what was that all about?" said Ron, wiping sweat off his face. "I couldn't hear anything..."

Hermione then gave a sudden gasp, pointing down the corridor.

"Look!"

Something was shining on the wall ahead. We approached slowly, squinting through the darkness. Words had been written on the wall between two windows, shimmering in the light cast by the flaming torches.

THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE.

"What's that thing, hanging underneath?" said Ron, a slight quiver in his voice.

I looked at gasped when I realised what it was.

It was Mrs Norris.

But she wasn't moving.

She was stiff as a board.