1. The Summer Holidays

Y/N's POV

My summer, currently, was going great. I had been writing to Hermione often and I was going to the Burrow soon with Issac. However, the one person I had not heard from was Harry, I had sent Grey over to Privet Drive to give Harry his present but it never reached him.

"Mum, Dad, we're going now!" Issac yelled from downstairs. "Y/N, you ready?"

"I'm coming!" I exclaimed as I dragged my trunk downstairs, my parents had business to deal with at the Ministry so we would be going to Hogwarts with the Weasleys. I finally made it downstairs with my trunk and Grey's cage by my side. Issac was waiting by the fireplace since we were going to travel to the Burrow by floo powder.

"You two, stay safe, and Issac don't get in trouble, you too Y/N!" My mother said sternly.

"See you soon." My dad smiled before hugging me and Issac.

Issac stepped in first and yelled. "THE BURROW"

Before I left, I gave my parents a small wave before doing the same and being engulfed in green flames, seconds later I was at the Burrow with Mrs Weasley giving me a bone-crushing hug.

"Hey Mrs Weasley." I greeted.

"Y/N! Look how much you've grown. Turning into such a handsome young man." Mrs Weasley beamed.

Just then, Ron appeared and quickly waved at me. "Hey Y/N, how you doing."

"I'm good thanks Ron." I replied.

"Ronald, show Y/N to his room." Mrs Weasley instructed. Ron nodded and I followed him up the stairs.

"Still sharing a room with you?" I asked, I would always stay in Ron's room when I stayed over at the Weasleys' house.

"Of course."

We then passed Ginny's room and I knocked on the door. Seconds later, her head popped out her door as she smiled. "Y/N!!!!"

"Hey Gin." I said as I hugged her, Ginny was like the little sister I never had and we had a really good brother-sister relationship. "Excited for your first year?"

"Yes!" she said excitedly. "Do you think you could introduce me to Harry Potter."

"Anything for you Gin." I chuckled before whispering to Ron. "Someone's got a crush."

Ron sighed as we carried on walking to his room. "It's so annoying, she hasn't been able to shut up about him all summer. Speaking of Harry, you haven't heard from him by any chance have you?"

"No, I sent him his gift and a card but I don't think he got it." I replied.

"Must be those stupid Muggles he's living with. Maybe we should bust him out, we can use my dad's flying car. I'll ask Fred and George if they want to come."

We agreed and that night, we snuck out with Fred, George and Issac to save Harry, I left a note for Mrs Weasley just in case she got worried. We flew all the way to Privet Drive, laughing and talking about the upcoming year. When we arrived, I was shocked to find that bars had been put on Harry's window, the Dursleys were really as bad as Harry said.

"Ron, Y/N," breathed Harry, creeping to the window and pushing it up so they could talk through the bars, "Ron, how did you-? What the-?"

"All right, Harry?" asked George.

"What's been going on?" said Ron. "Why haven't you been answering my letters? I've asked you to stay about twelve times, and then Dad came home and said you'd got an official warning for using magic in front of Muggles."

"It wasn't me, and how did he know?"

"I knew as well." I said. "Ron's dad and my parents work for the Ministry, you know we're not supposed to do spells outside school."

"You guys can talk," said Harry, pointing at the floating car.

"Oh, this doesn't count," said Ron, "we're only borrowing this. It's Dad's, we didn't enchant it. But doing magic in front of those Muggles you live with."

"I told you, I didn't, but it'll take too long to explain now, look, can you tell them at Hogwarts that the Dursleys have locked me up and won't let me come back, and obviously I can't magic myself out, because the Ministry'Il think that's the second spell I've done in three days, so..."

"Stop gibbering," said Ron, "we've come to take you home with us."

"But you can't magic me out either..."

"We don't need to," said Ron, jerking his head toward the front seat and grinning, "you forget who I've got with me."

"Tie that around the bars," said Fred, throwing the end of a rope to Harry.

"If the Dursleys wake up, I'm dead," said Harry as he tied the rope tightly around a bar and Fred revved up the car.

"Don't worry," said George, "and stand back."

When the bars were safely in the back seat with Ron, Fred reversed as close as possible to Harry's window.

"Get in," Ron said.

"But all my Hogwarts stuff, my wand..."

"Where is it?" I asked.

"Locked in the cupboard under the stairs, and I can't get out of this room."

"No problem," said Issac from the front passenger seat, "out of the way, Harry."

Issac, Fred and George climbed catlike through the window into Harry's room. George took an ordinary hairpin from his pocket and started to pick the lock.

"A lot of wizards think it's a waste of time, knowing this sort of Muggle trick," said Fred, "but we feel they're skills worth learning, even if they are a bit slow."

"So, we'll get your trunk. You grab anything you need from your room and hand it out to Ron," whispered Issac.

"Watch out for the bottom stair, it creaks," Harry whispered back as the twins and Issac disappeared onto the dark landing.

At last, they were back and they quickly carried Harry's trunk through his bedroom and quickly into the car. We were all preparing to leave when Harry exclaimed. "I've forgotten Hedwig!"

From then onwards, it was a lot of yelling and scrambling around and it ended up with everyone and everything in the car safely and Vernon Dursley screaming angrily at all of us.

In the car, Harry told us all about Dobby and how he had been intercepting all our letters, pretty weird for a house elf. When we got home to the Burrow, we tried to get back without Mrs Weasley noticing but she did...

"So," she said.

"Morning, mum," said George.

"Have you any idea how worried I've been?" said Mrs Weasley in a deadly whisper.

"Sorry, mum, but see, we had to..."

"Beds empty! No note! Car gone! Could have crashed! Out of my mind with worry, did you care? Never, as long as I've lived! You wait until your father gets home, we never had trouble like this from Bill or Charlie or Percy..."

I just stood there next to Issac quite awkwardly.

"I'm very pleased to see you, Harry, dear," she said, "come in and have some breakfast. Oh and thank you for the note Y/N and Issac, at least some people have a bit of sense in them."

"You can thank me later." I whispered to Issac as I had signed the note I had written from both of us as I predicted that we would get in trouble.

After Mrs Weasley's rage, we all sat down for breakfast, with Mrs Weasley piling mountains and mountains of food on my plate.