11. Potion Planning

Y/N's POV

"Who can it be, though?" Hermione asked, one day when all four of us where sitting in the Common Room. "Who'd want to frighten all the Squibs and Muggle-borns out of Hogwarts?"

"Let's think," said Ron in mock puzzlement, "who do we know who thinks Muggle-borns are scum?"

He looked at Hermione. Hermione looked back, unconvinced.

"If you're talking about Malfoy-"

"Of course I am!" said Ron. "You heard him, 'You'll be next, Mudbloods!'. Come on, you've only got to look at his foul rat face to know it's him-"

"Malfoy, the Heir of Slytherin?" Said Hermione skeptically.

"I mean, look at his family," I said, "the whole lot of them have been in Slytherin, he's always boasting about it. They could easily be Slytherin's descendants."

"His father's definitely evil enough." Harry added.

"They could've had the key to the Chamber of Secrets for centuries!" said Ron. "Handing it down, father to son..."

"Well," said Hermione cautiously, "I suppose it's possible..."

"But how do we prove it?" I asked.

Hermione thought for a minute. "I know! Snape was talking about this Potion one day-"

"You don't mean...?" I said, eyes wide.

"Yeah, I do. The Polyjuice Potion."

"That would be breaking around fifty rules, I mean I don't care, but do you?" I said, looking at Hermione.

"Mind telling us?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, me and Harry don't really pay attention to Snape."

"It transforms you into somebody else. Think about it! We could change into four of the Slytherins. No one would know it was us. Malfoy would probably tell us anything. He's probably boasting about it in the Slytherin Common Room right now, if only we could hear him." I explained.

"This Polyjuice stuff sounds a bit dodgy to me," said Ron, frowning, "what if we were stuck looking like four of the Slytherins forever?"

"It wears off after a while," said Hermione, waving her hand impatiently, "but the problem is that getting hold of the recipe will be very difficult. Snape said it was in a book called Most Potente Potions and it's bound to be in the Restricted Section of the library."

"You need a teacher to give you permission to get a book from the restricted section." I said in defeat.

"Wait a minute..." Harry said, "Lockhart! He loves you Hermione because you're the only one who pays attention in his classes, you could ask him!"

"Yeah...Lockhart." I mumbled quietly.

"Genius! I'll go ask him now, want to come Y/N?" Hermione said.

I nodded before following her out the portrait hole. We walked to Lockhart's office, when Hermione went in, I merely just watched from the door.

"Er, Professor Lockhart?" Hermione stammered. "I wanted t-to get this book out of the library. Just for background reading." she held out the piece of paper, her hand shaking slightly. "But the thing is, it's in the Restricted Section of the library, so I need a teacher to sign for it, I'm sure it would help me understand what you say in Gadding with Ghouls about slow acting venoms..."

"Ah, Gadding with Ghouls!" Lockhart smiled, taking the note from Hermione and smiling widely at her. "Possibly my very favorite book. You enjoyed it?"

"Oh, yes," said Hermione eagerly, "so clever, the way you trapped that last one with the tea strainer-"

"Well, I'm sure no one will mind me giving the best student of the year a little extra help," said Lockhart warmly, and he pulled out an enormous peacock quill and signing the note.

From the door I shouted. "Cheers Lockhart."

I don't think he realised I was there because when he saw me, his smile disappeared. "Let's go Hermione, Ron and Harry are waiting." I said to the girl before leaving Lockhart, a smirk on my face.

When we got back, me, Ron and Harry laughed at how stupid Lockhart was whilst Hermione defended him.

The next day, it was the first Quidditch match of the season, Gryffindor V Slytherin. I wanted to beat Slytherin so badly, especially since Malfoy was now their new seeker.

After Ron, Harry and Hermione wished me luck, I went to the changing rooms to listen to Wood's pep talk.

"Slytherin have better brooms than us," he began, "no point denying it. But we've got better people on our brooms. We've trained harder than they have, we've been flying in all weathers-"

"Too true," muttered George, "I haven't been properly dry since August."

"-and we're going to make them rue the day they let that little bit of slime, Malfoy, buy his way onto their team." after he finished, Wood turned to me.

"It'll be down to you, Y/N, to show them that a seeker has to have something more than a rich father. Get to that Snitch before Malfoy or die trying, Y/N, because we've got to win today, we've got to."

"So no pressure, lil' bro," said Issac, winking at me.

As we walked onto the pitch, I was nervous, I mounted my broom and the game began.

Throughout the game, there was this one Bludger that kept on following me, it was trying to knock me off my broom. Wood called timeout and asked if I wanted to carry on and I nodded. I kept on searching for the Snitch, trying to avoid rogue Bludger.

Finally the game ended, but I had a broken arm. I was smiling at the fact I had beaten Malfoy and the Slytherins, the broken arm didn't matter as much to me.

Lockhart raced over. "Allow me to fix his arm!"

"No, Lockhart piss off or I'll get you fired." I said, glaring at him.

"Leave him to me." Madam Pomfrey said. "I'll have him fixed up in no time."

Lockhart didn't say anything else.