4. The Flying Car

Y/N's POV

Later, when me and Hermione were talking in the Common Room, Harry and Ron finally appeared and the whole common room went crazy.

"Brilliant!" yelled Lee Jordan. "Inspired! What an entrance! Flying a car right into the Whomping Willow, people'll be talking about that one for years!"

"Good for you," said a random fifth year. People were patting him on the back.

Issac, Fred and George pushed their way to the front of the crowd and Fred and George said together. "Why couldn't we've come in the car, eh?"

Whilst Issac said. "Wish my little brother was as cool as you guys."

Then, I noticed Percy making his way over as if he was going to tell Ron and Harry off, I'm pretty sure they noticed since Ron then said. "Got to get upstairs, bit tired," and the two of them started pushing their way toward the door on the other side of the room, which led to a spiral staircase and the dormitories.

"Night," Harry called back to me and Hermione, both of us maybe just a little bit annoyed.

"They never get in trouble." Hermione sighed. "They just get praised for it."

"'Mione, he's Harry Potter. The Boy who Lived."

"I know, it's just...annoying."

Out of instinct, I hugged the girl, well it wasn't really a proper hug. Since we were sitting next to each other on the sofa, it was more my arm around her and her head resting on my shoulder. I couldn't help but go a little bit red and I could see a little bit of red on Hermione as well.

I don't know how long we stayed there for but I felt happy. Once we both said goodnight I went upstairs to my dorm where Harry and Ron told me the details of their flying car to school adventure.

"Me and Hermione saw you." I chuckled once they finished explaining their story. "Saw you when you were driving near the train."

"Speaking of you and Hermione..." Harry said with a smirk, "what's happening between you two?"

I went red. "What? Nothing? She's one of my best friends."

"I saw how you acted when she was gushing about Lockhart in Flourish and Blotts." Ron stated.

They kept on annoying me until I just gave up. "Fine! Maybe I like her, but she doesn't like me! So deal with it!"

Ron and Harry looked at each other in victory. "Operation get Y/N and Hermione together is a go." Harry smiled

"Oh piss off." I said before grabbing my duvet and trying to drift off to sleep.

The next day, at breakfast, after reading my letter from my parents. I saw Errol fly in with something for Ron.

"Oh, no..." Ron gasped.

"It's all right, he's still alive," said Hermione, prodding Errol gently with the tip of her finger.

"It's not that, it's that."

Ron was pointing at the red envelope.

"What's the matter?" said Harry.

"Haha! Ron's got himself a Howler!" I laughed.

"You'd better open it, Ron," said Neville in a timid whisper, "it'll be worse if you don't. My gran sent me one once, and I ignored it and..." he gulped, "it was horrible."

"Open it," I urged, since Ron was looking hesitant, "it'll all be over in a few minutes."

Ron's hand trembled as he opened the letter...

"...STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE..."

Mrs Weasley's yells, a hundred times louder than usual. People throughout the hall were swiveling around to see who had received the Howler, and Ron sank so low in his chair that only his crimson forehead could be seen.

"LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED."

Once Harry's name was brought up, I saw the boy trying to not be seen.

"-ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME."

Once it was over, there was silence, after some laughter from other people the normal chatter resumed again.

Hermione closed her Lockhart book. "Well, I don't know what you expected, Ron, but you-"

"Don't tell me I deserved it," snapped Ron.

I just sat there, feeling bad for Mr Weasley who was now facing an inquiry.

I quickly forgot about this when McGonagall handed out our new schedules for the year.