13. Parsletongue

Y/N's POV

"Guys!" Ron shouted as he and Harry burst through the portrait. Me and Hermione couldn't see them at first but when they took the cloak off, I could see them both looking like they had run a marathon.

"What happened?" I asked, slightly concerned.

"Me and Ron were by Snape's Storeroom, grabbing some of the ingredients." Harry started. "We were making our way back when we saw Professor McGonagall and some other teachers carrying someone. They had been petrified just like Mrs Norris!"

There was an eerie silence, then Ron spoke,

"It was Colin...Colin Creevey."

"Holy crap..." I said whilst Hermione gasped.

"Another Muggle-born, we really need to hurry up with the Potion!"

And with that, she rushed up to the dormitory without another word.

"What's up with her?" Ron asked dumbly.

"Dude, she's a Muggle-born! Of course she's gonna be a bit worried about this monster, targeting Muggle-borns!" I said, confused at how someone could be that thick.

The three of us said nothing else and went up to bed.

Soon, the whole school found out about Colin and it sent the whole school, but the Slytherins, into panic. A week later, the four of us were walking across the entrance hall when Seamus, a fellow Gryffindor, ran up to us.

"They're starting a duelling club!" said Seamus. "First meeting tonight! I wouldn't mind dueling lessons, they might come in handy one of these days..."

"What, you reckon Slytherin's monster can duel?" said Ron, but he, too, read the sign with interest.

"Could be useful," he said to me, Harry and Hermione, "shall we go?"

"I pray Lockhart isn't running it, we won't learn a single thing." I said.

"What's your issue with him Y/N?" Hermione asked me.

"I know!" Harry smirked.

"So do I!" Ron added.

"Yeah, we all know he's a pathetic teacher." I said, glaring at Harry and Ron.

Later, at eight o'clock, we made our way to the Great Hall for the duelling lessons. The long dining tables had vanished and a golden stage had appeared along one wall, lit by thousands of candles floating overhead.

"I wonder who'll be teaching us?" said Hermione as we edged into the chattering crowd. "Someone told me Flitwick was a dueling champion when he was young, maybe it'll be him."

"Like I said, as long as it's not-" I began, but I ended on a groan, Gilderoy Lockhart was walking onto the stage, in his fancy robes and accompanied by none other than Snape, wearing his usual black.

Lockhart waved an arm for silence and called. "Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent! Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little duelling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions, for full details, see my published works."

"DING! Your published works are lies!" I yelled, I smirked as Harry and Ron laughed along with some other students, whilst Hermione looked mortified.

Lockhart remained calm. "How about you try duelling me, after I'm finished demonstrating."

The whole crowd of students gasped, a Professor had just challenged a second year to a duel.

I didn't say anything as now Lockhart had moved onto a demonstration.