15. Christmas

Y/N's POV

A month passed quickly, me and Hermione worked on the Potion whenever possible whilst Harry and Ron used Harry's invisibility cloak to steal some ingredients.

When the Potion was finally ready, it was Christmas and we were all sitting down, enjoying our Christmas dinner. Everything that had happened seemed to be forgotten as all four of us enjoyed our Christmas together.

Earlier, the four of us had opened our Christmas presents together. I was happy with my presents, I gave away some of my spare chocolate and sweets to Ron, Harry and Hermione.

Hermione was happy with the gift I got her, it was an enchanted bookmark. I didn't know where I found it but when I saw it, I thought it was a great gift. Hermione herself had gotten me some Quidditch accessories and some Muggle sweets, which I appreciated very much.

Me, Harry and Ron had barely finished our third helpings of Christmas pudding when Hermione ushered us out of the hall to finalise our plans for the evening.

"We still need a bit of the people you're changing into," said Hermione matter of factly, "and obviously, it'll be best if you can get something of Crabbe's and Goyle's, they're Malfoy's best friends-"

"His only friends." I chuckled.

"-he'll tell them anything. And we also need to make sure the real Crabbe and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating him."

"Luckily, I came up with a genius idea." I said, before producing two cupcakes. "I've filled these with a simple Sleeping Draught. All you have to do is make sure Crabbe and Goyle find them. You know how greedy they are, they're bound to eat them. Once they're asleep, pull out a few of their hairs and hide them in a broom closet."

Harry and Ron looked incredulously at each other.

"Y/N, I don't think-"

"That could go seriously wrong-"

I opened my mouth but Hermione cut me off.

"The Potion will be useless without Crabbe's and Goyle's hair," Hermione said sternly, "you do want to investigate Malfoy, don't you?"

"Oh, all right, all right," said Harry, "but what about you and Y/N? Whose hair are you two ripping out?"

"I've already got mine!" said Hermione brightly, pulling a tiny bottle out of her pocket and showing them the single hair inside it. "Remember how Millicent Bulstrode was partnered with me at the Duelling Club? She left this on my robes when she was trying to strangle me! And she's gone home for Christmas, so I'll just have to tell the Slytherins I've decided to come back."

"What about you Y/N?" Ron asked.

"Um...truthfully I don't have any. I was planning on just staying in the bathrooms." I said sheepishly. "We don't have enough anyway."

Harry and Ron looked furious, but luckily I got away with it and was allowed to stay in the toilets.

Third Person POV

When Hermione and Y/N had ran off to check on the Polyjuice Potion again, Ron turned to Harry and they were both wondering whether the plan would fail.

To both boys' amazement, stage one of the operation went just as smoothly as Hermione and Y/N had said. They lurked in the deserted entrance hall after Christmas dinner, waiting for Crabbe and Goyle. Harry had perched the chocolate cakes on the end of the banisters. When they spotted Crabbe and Goyle coming out of the Great Hall, Harry and Ron hid quickly behind a suit of armour next to the front door.