Chapter 18 - Don't Forget Where You Belong

Louis' POV

"C'mon Dad! Hurry up!"

"Yeah! You don't need to rush, Sunshine! We are one-hour earlier before the party starts."

"I know! But Bear and I want to play games first!"

"Did you bring our presents for the baby?"

"Yeah, they are all in the back. So let's go!"

We were invited by Liam for Gwen's baby shower. According to them, it would only be a small gathering of their families and very close friends because they didn't want to stress the pregnant woman who was in due within this week. The first who became excited was Freddie because aside from another member of our family was coming, he had the chance to play with Bear.

I wore a white long sleeves shirt tacked until my elbow, black skinny jeans and adidas shoes. Freddie wore a green adidas jumper, skinny ripped jeans and blue Nike shoes. Liam said that we could wear casual as long as we were there.

It had been one week since the incident of me ending my friendship with Harry. I must admit it really hurt me seeing him walking out with a broken heart but I had to do it for him. It was for his own good. He never showed or called me after which was a good thing because he respected my decision. All we need to do was to move on and lived our lives in separate ways.

I parked along the driveway in front of Liam's mansion. I noticed two cars were already there. Maybe we were really early and guests were on their way. Fred went down first excitedly with the presents in his hands. I followed him after.

We were greeted obviously by Bear, hugging his bestfriend and me, then they disappeared by just a second going upstairs to his room. I was left alone now, shouting for Liam telling I was already there. While waiting, I went to the living room and sat on the wide white couch checking some of the emails from my secretary.

I heard some footsteps coming closer to me. In my peripheral vision, one of the guests silently sat in the other side of the couch. I didn't pay any attention because I was busy and focused on replying from the emails. After a minute of not talking, I tried to be friendly and maybe start a conversation. But when my eyes landed to that person, it was Harry wearing a yellow sweater, black jeans and brown boots. His stares were so deadly. Maybe, he really hated me.

I sat straight, went back to my phone and ignored him. But I could still feel his gaze making me conscious. So I tried my best to pretend that he wasn't around.

After 20 minutes of an awkward silence.

"Really, Lou? You really won't talk to me?" He started.

I wanted to but I couldn't. I had to stick to my decision. And by just ignoring him was the best way for us not to argue or fight. Then, I heard footsteps, it was Liam, Gwen, Vien and Niall.

Liam's right hand was on Gwen's shoulders and his left hand was on the pregnant woman's tummy. Niall and Vien were holding hands. Obviously, both couples were happily married now. And I genuinely happy for them. Then, there were footsteps running, Bear and Freddie were panting and at the same time laughing.

They were all looking at me and Harry.

"Lou! Nice to see you here!" Vien greeted me making me just smiled at her.