Chapter 5 - The music is so loud

Louis' POV

"Hey, Fred! Got a good news for you!"

"What?"

"You're Uncle Leeroy and Bear just called me and they will come here!"

"Really?!"

"Yup! Maybe we could have a barbecue party, you know just like before!"

"Yeah! It had been awhile since we hadn't done that with the two! That sounds fun, Dad!"

It's weekend. That means I could spend more time with Freddie. Since he was already in my custody, I made it a point that I had time for him, so I thought of Louis-Freddie Weekend Getaway where we could do anything that we wanted as long as we were together. It became effective though because we became closer and I could see myself to him as he inherited my manners and being musically inclined.

I was very proud of how Freddie got easily learned playing instruments. He could sing as well. My little boy is talented, I must say.

In addition to that, every time Niall and Liam visited us here, we had a jamming session. I must admit, it was his Uncle Niall taught him how to play guitar and piano at the age of 7. And since then, he would always play and sing me any random songs.

We were in the middle of our singing session in the music room, when Liam and Bear arrived excitedly. We hugged them, acknowledging how grateful we were for their visit. Our sons became the best of friends. What can I say? Birds, with the same feather, flock together.

We continued jamming, and this time, we were singing 1D songs in our album Midnight Memories. We were having so much fun. As I did the piano, Freddie on guitar, Bear on drums and Liam on bass. We also reminisced by sharing our experiences while making that album to our sons. It felt good, actually.

We decided to have a barbecue party in the pool side and the music was so loud which gave us be so hyper. The two boys were enjoying swimming and Liam and I were drinking beer, laying at the pool lounges with our bodies soaking up the sun.

"It's nice to see you smiling again, mate."

"Oh yeah?! Well, maybe Freddie is with me now. You and Niall are always there for me. I'm living peacefully. This is what life is. And I love it."

"I'm happy for you, Lou." I could feel how genuine my best friend was.

"And I'm happy for you too, Li. Look at you! Who else could have thought that my best friend would consider Broadway shows and not only that, you won your first Tony Award last year! I mean... You have become successful in your own way."

"Well, I tried and worked hard for that. Music will always be part of my life... of our lives, right?"

"Yeah! Cheers, mate!"

I could see how uncomfortable and nervous Liam was. I could sense something was bothering him.

"Are you okay, Li?"

"Yeah, I'm definitely fine. But..."

Oh, gosh. Here came the 'but' part. I sighed.

"For sure Niall already told you about his plan for his next album, right?"

I nodded and drank more beer, still waiting for him to share his problems.

"By the way, I'm very thankful for allowing Niall and I to collaborate in one of his songs for his next album. I know, we discussed about it bef-"