Chapter 12 - Better than words

Harry's POV

"Why you didn't tell me the truth, Ni?" I asked him after he closed the door of my room. Only the bed lamp was lit. I was on the bed lying covering myself with the duvet. I could feel the bed moved. He was sitting beside me.

"Because if I tell you, you will get mad."

"You and Liam lied to me. I can't believe you two did that to me."

"I know, and I feel sorry for that. But I have to do the right thing."

I immediately sat and looked at his face.

"You have no right to decide of what I should do. This is my life, Niall! I know what I'm doing and I don't need your help or from anyone out there!" I was now shouting at him.

"Oh yeah?! Do you understand what you're saying, Haz? Look at yourself! You are in deep sh!t. What you are saying is definitely different from I see from your eyes!"

"I'm done with you. I'm tired. Get out of my room." I laid down again, covering my entire body and head.

"You are so good at this, you know? Always walking out of the problems. Building walls to the people that truly care for you."

"That's not true!"

"Oh yeah? Then why are you shutting as down? Even Anne and Gem! You have no idea how hurt we were looking at you like this, in this kind of situation! What is wrong with you, Haz?" I cried quietly. I didn't want them to suffer from what I felt. I thought my acting of being happy in front of them was convincing, but they know me so well.

"Nothing, okay? I'm completely fine!"

This time, I could feel his hand on my back. "You know what Haz... I admit, we set these things up."

"I knew it!" For the second time around, I sat back and faced him.

"Can you please at least listen to me for once?!"

I raised my eyebrows, shocked from his loud voice. When I didn't talk, that was the time he continued.

"Do you remember the day when you told me that you have a writer's block? I went home that night with a heavy heart. I had to pull over my car, because I couldn't stop myself from crying. I never thought you have it. I thought you just simply stop from making music because you hate it. But then when I heard it coming from you, I felt like, I was blaming myself for being such a terrible friend to you."

"Niall, you have been a great bestfriend to me. Don't say that."

"No Haz. Because if I am a good friend, I could have done something for you!"

"But I can handle myself. I don't need your pity."

"Exactly Haz! We let you suffer and live in a world of deception." He was now sobbing. I stood, got tissue and gave it to him. "So, I called Liam. I told him about your problem. He was also in shock. He tried to tame me a bit and suggested to do something. The right thing. For you and Louis."

"Louis... He hates me." I whispered.

"How do you know?"

"Didn't you notice at his words and actions?"

"He was like that because of your stupid reactions. If I were Louis, I would have done the same thing!"

"He cheated on me, Niall." I confessed.