Chapter 8 - I want to write you a song

Louis’ POV

I woke up with the ray of sunshine flickering through my eyes. It hurt my eyes though plus I got a terrible hangover. This was the result of me not having enough sleep and all the drama that Freddie and I had from last night. I had to get myself drunk just to make me forget what happened from the past and force myself to sleep as well.

I got up, rubbed my eyes and massaged my temple. I looked at the green old notebook on the nightstand on my left side as I remembered seeing the picture of me with Harry back in 2012 when we had our first matching tattoo for the first time after 10 years.

And just like last night, I made a small smile when I reminisced our happy and unforgettable moments as we became officially boyfriends and decided to have our matching tattoos that signified me and him and our relationship.

However, these tattoos and pictures became only just memories, that surely be treasured because I knew what Harry and I’s relationship would never get back again. Those memories were kept in my heart and thoughts, and were just only part of my life that I felt like I lived with so many baggage that I hardly moved on.

Liam’s proposal was still bugging me. I was thinking that I had to do it not for him or the newbie singer, but for myself. I felt like it was a must for me to write a song because this was what I loved. I needed this to at least let out my inner feelings and these baggage that were inside of me should be released so I could finally move on and forget Harry.

I decided to have bath in a tub and probably stayed there for awhile. The warm water and the smell of the minty-lavender foaming liquid soap relaxed my mind and body a bit.

When I closed my eyes, I saw a smiling 18-year old Harry with his deep dimples formed in his cheeks looking at my direction and waving at me from a far. He was excitedly running towards me in a slow motion along with his soft curly hair bouncing in the air. He hugged me once he was in front of me and said, “I love you”. And we remained in that position until I was distracted and was awaken by a knock on the door. It was one of my maids, informing me that the lunch was already served. So, I just told her that I would be there in 10 minutes. The warm water was now cold and my palms and feet were already forming crinkly. I shook my head. I couldn’t believe I just fell asleep and dreamt of him. I couldn't understand myself but I felt energized and determined.

So I quickly finished my bath, brushed my teeth, did my morning shave, put some clothes on and dried and fixed my hair making sure its side was on the right. And lastly, I took the green notebook with a smile on my face and went to the kitchen.

Freddie was still in school, so I had to eat by myself. My phone buzzed. When I checked the caller ID, it was Liam. I was kind of hesitant if I would answer it or not but I chose the first one.
“Hello?”
“Hi Lou, just checking you out!” He started. I could hear noise in the background.
“Did you just call me in the middle of your practice?”
“Hahaha! Yeah! Well, I was so worried about you last night and I felt so sorry for what I have said. And I understand if you will hate me and consider me not your best friend anymore.” He was so thoughtful which made me smile.
“Actually, our friendship is over! Bye!” I pretended to hang up the phone and didn’t talk.
“Hello?! Hello?! Lou, are you still there?” I could hear some scratched at the other side of the line. Maybe he was checking if I really ended the call. “Shoot! What is wrong with this phone? Is the signal went off or something?!”
I silently laughing and had to cover my mouth so he couldn’t hear me. After all these years, he could easily be pranked.
“The number you’re calling cannot be reached. He is in space right now playing with the aliens!” I tried to sound like an operator. Then I heard him laughing.
“Oh my golly golly gosh! Bro! You got me there! That wasn’t funny! Don’t do that again! I hate you!”
“And I love you, too!”
“Hahaha! In a serious note, I just wanted to know how are you feeling? Are you okay?”
“I’m good. I am sorry too for being an ass last night.”
“No! No, you’re not. I understand your situation. And it’s okay if you will turn down my proposal.”
“Actually, about that…”
“Have you come up with your decision?”
I paused a little bit, giving him a surprise pause. “Yeah, I will try. But—“
“Really?! Oh my gosh! That’s a good news, Lou!”
“Yeah, but do not expect anything from me to create good songs. It has been so long, I’m a bit rusty you know.”
“Bro! You are the Louis freakin’ Tomlinson! For sure, they will be bangers!”
“Thanks, mate!”
“No worries! Well, I gotta go now. See you when I see you, yeah? I love you!”
“See you! Bye!”

After I finished my lunch, I went to my music room. It had some of the instruments that I had collected and some necessary electronic devices for recording. It has a large couch, a coffee table and a mini bar. Green notebook was with me and I placed it on the coffee table.