Chapter 15 - Sweet Creature

Harry's POV

"Uhmm, Paps, are you sure what you're doing is correct?"

"Yeah, I've done this a couple times. Your Dad and I camped out before with your Uncle Niall and Uncle Leeroy. Right, Lou?" I said while still struggling in putting up my tent. Louis and Fred's tent was already set but since I insisted to put mine by myself, I felt so embarrassed in front of the two, so I had to try harder.

"Yeah. But that was a long time ago, Styles. Are you sure you don't need our help? Cos you've been setting that up for an hour now. Look, it's getting dark now!"

"Why don't you start putting up the fire? Give me a minute here."

"Whatever you say, Styles!"

While I was still working on my tent, I was watching him playing around with Fred. He was setting an example to his son. He was a good father, a caring, supportive and loving father. I never thought he could be like this since the Louis that I knew before was immature and carefree.

I learned that camping for them was to put up tent in their backyard beside the pool and set the campfire in a grill. I thought we would go somewhere in the woods and spent the night there. But this idea was cute, at least we would be safe.

They placed the grill in the centre, a few meters away from our tent, and arranged the woods to make a fire. They were laughing when Louis laid his hands full of dirt of charcoal on Fred's left cheek, which made the little boy screamed. Then, Fred immediately put a charcoal mark on his father's right cheek, making his son burst with laughter. But Louis being Louis, he did it again, this time on Fred's right cheek, and ran away. They were laughing and running around the pool side. I guessed his childish spirit was still there.

My heart skipped a bit. I had to pause and held my heart. This feeling I had for Louis was back and was getting stronger and deeper. My love for him was continuously growing. And it broke my heart that I could not show it to him nor receive it because he didn't love me anymore.

"Styles? Are you okay?" He asked, I didn't notice he was already in front of me and I chuckled seeing his black face. "Oh, wait, what's this?" He rubbed his hand on both of my cheeks. I knew he would do that to me too. I checked my cheeks with my hands noticing there were already black marks on them. I was about to catch him but he quickly ran away from me.

"Louis!! You little smol bean! Run as fast as you can! If I catch you, you won't like what will happen to you!"

"I'm sorry! Promise, it won't happen again!"

"No! Apology unaccepted!"

"It's just a charcoal. It won't harm your sensitive skin." He was now running out of breath, but me, I was still eager to pay back what he had done to me.

"Run, Boo Bear! Run! I'm right behind you!"

"I said I'm sorry okay?" He stopped running. He was now at the corner of the wall. He turned around facing my direction, giving me an apologetic look and still laughing. He raised his hands with a peace sign.

"That pretty puppy face and peace signs won't still change my mind, Love." I was now slowly walking towards him, closer and closer, until I grabbed his waists. My face was a few inches from his. "Gotcha! Hi, Loulove!" Then, I started tickling his side. He laughed and screamed by my sudden actions.

"Styles! Hahahah!"

"What?!"

"Hahahahaha! That's... hahahaha! enough... Hahahaha!" He was trying to pull himself out from my grip but I was too big and too strong for him. We were so close that I could smell his minty breath.