Chapter 7 - Looking in the dark

Harry’s POV

“Gem, I’m alright, okay?”
“I was just checking on you. It is my responsibility as your older sister to take care of you. Niall called me up and…”
I chuckled making my sister stopped from talking. “Niall really can’t control his mouth. He was just overreacting. No need to worry, my dear sister!”
“You know you can’t lie to me, right?! I know you have a problem Haz!” She sounded a bit angry now, and since she had already an idea of what my problem was, I had no choice but to tell her. “Maybe you need a little bit of inspiration. Try to recall the process that you had done before and do it again this time. Maybe you need someone to help you. Just don’t force yourself because it’s still you who will suffer from it.”
“Yeah, I guess so.” I answered. She had a point though.
“And I just want you to know that Mom and I will always be here.”
“Thank you. I really appreciate it. Please don’t tell this to Mom.”
“Sure! Bye!”

I was in my grand piano playing some random keys and notes and drinking a glass of vodka. It was already late in the afternoon and I was alone in this big mansion after Niall left me early in the morning because he had to work on his album, though he was having a second thought of leaving me due to my issues in life, but I assured him that I could handle myself which I lied because my head was aching and my eyes were swollen from crying last night.
It had been hours since I decided to write a song but nothing came out. This writer’s block was killing me. It was frustrating because after so many years of discovering I couldn’t write anymore, and I thought that phase was already over, but then, I realized there was no way I could possibly do it. I felt like I was in a middle of a crossroad confused which path would I go. I was lost. I lost my ability to create music.
Tears started to descent. I pitied myself feeling so vulnerable making me banged the poor piano keys, pulled my hair in annoyance and emptied the whole glass of vodka. I went back to the bar and refilled my glass shoving my face on the table. I thought where did I go wrong? 
I remembered how easily those ideas and lyrics just popping through my brain. I couldn’t forget how I enjoyed myself in song-writing because I used to have my inspiration, a person who made me happy and loved me for who I was. He used to be my partner in all aspect of my life. I was with him when we wrote some songs of 1D especially when we teamed up to make ‘Perfect’ from our last album. It was funny though because the media thought it was all about Taylor but in reality that was our song. And as much as I wanted to correct them, I had to bite my tongue. We made it from the bottom of our hearts.
There was a small smile formed on my lips but then was blocked when I thought of the incident of how he chose to break my heart. It triggered me to get mad at him again as I reminisced the miserable moments.

2015
“Until when will you stop being like that, H?” Niall asked just after I opened the door for him. We were in the hotel and we just finished our concert. I was already in my boxer shorts ready to go to sleep.
“What do you mean?” I let the door hang open so he could get in pretending I didn’t know.
“You know what I mean.” He entered my room standing in front of my bed with his arms across his chest.
“Niall, not now, okay? I’m tired.” I was trying to be busy fixing the pillows and duvet.
“Do you know where Louis is?”
“I don’t know and I don’t care.”
“His phone is out of reach! He is alone out there without security. And he is probably in some clubs, drinking wild with whoever!” He was already shouting at me and I knew he was already mad at me.
I stopped and paused for awhile closing my eyes as I couldn’t take the news that he told me about Louis. I was so worried of the possibilities that might happen to him. And worst was it hurt me so much knowing his situation right now that I couldn’t do anything because I was still mad at what he and Eleanor did. However, I was still hoping he was okay and safe wherever he was.
“Harry, did you hear what I said? Louis is missing! Can’t you at least give a little concern of him?”
I was concerned! Worried! Bothered! Freaking nervous! Of course, I care! I thought to myself but I chose not to speak.
“Bro, Louis is in a mess now. Always drinking and smoking.”
“He chose to be like that, Ni. So why bother?” I could see a disappointed look from my Irish friend’s eyes as he shook his head couldn’t believe I said that.
“You know if he will continue being like that he will be in trouble.”
I ignored him. I couldn’t take it anymore. I hid under the duvet and started crying silently. And I didn’t want him to see me in a vulnerable state.
“Look! He already suffered from his mistakes. He even convinced the management to stop Eleanor for being his beard, just for you. He already learned his lessons. He said sorry to you a million times. When will you forgive him? Do you—“
There was a knock on the door, Niall opened it. It was Liam.
“Bro, they found Louis!”
“Really? Where?” Niall asked worriedly.
“He was at—“
I didn’t hear any words coming from them anymore, since both of them left and closed the door instantly. But at least I knew they found Lou already. I hoped everything went well for him.
Though what Niall said awhile ago, what Louis did for me, how sorry he was, made me thought to change my mind. Besides, that was just only one time, and I never gave him the chance to explain his side. Maybe I should stop ignoring him anymore and to just forgive and forget the past. I need to talk to him tomorrow.