Chapter 27: The reason why

Comincia dall'inizio

Didn't expect this. People naturally thought that I would accept the bond and close my eyes about past events. Guess that was what they expected of mates.

" Thanks for the information... Heu"

I realized that I didn't know the name of this pretty much pregnant lady. She understood my distress and got me out of it.

"Gabriellah, lun-"

I cut her off.

"Call me Serah."

I let the blond-haired girl by herself and made myself a passage through the crowd. In the end, I was in front of the beta.

"Serah, we were waiting for you."

Hé didn't wait for my reply and led me to Jay in the middle of the ground. With a cocky smile he cast:

"Thought you were too scared to come."

I didn't miss his mocking tone and glared at him.

"It's 5:45, till got fifteen minutes. And why is the entire pack here?"

My question made him smirk. He leaned forward and whispered in my hear.

"So they could witness your defeat and can no longer deny your dare."

"We'll see."

My answer was short because I knew I was good but he was still an alpha. We won't know the result without a fight.

Anyway, our conversion would have been cut short because Theo came to get us in our position.

The fighting ground was delimited by the crowd that surrounded us. We walked back to have enough space between us. We made eye contact before entering our fighting stance.

The battle started here, first the starring contest no one backed down but Theo interrupted us and put himself in the middle of the court obviously drawing all the attention to him. Forced to look at him, he glanced at both of us before addressing his self to the audience.

"Today, we are all up to witness the first person to have challenged our alpha. Jayson Raiden."

A gasp could be heard and everyone started to whisper to their neighbors.

"As you know the luna has challenged our alpha and we are all here to witness this match."

An even louder gasp could be heard, weird that not everybody knew about now. Gabriellah knew. They might not be into gossip.

"Enough talk everyone!"

His command echoed through the field when they shut close their mouth.

He started to get out of the battlefield and claimed.

"Let the challenge find its winner!"

Everyone cheered and most of them were for their alpha. Like I care. Some were glaring at me and wished I'd disappear. They did not try to hide their facial expression.

I draw my attention back to Jay. To my surprise, he was completely serious about it. He was no longer joking and had a stern look. He got into his fighting stance: his whole body flexed and lost a few inches, his left foot was positioned slightly in front of his left one and chin down with both his hand protecting his head.

Oh my, my, my... I knew it to well to not smirk internally. Guess I'll have the upper hand on this challenge. It was the exact position my baby girl took when we first started our combat. I'll keep that secret for myself. Should I play the amateur?
Let's test him out.

I ran towards without any defense there were opening everywhere. He looked like he won already. I landed a hight kick on his left side, he blocked with his forearm and then I aimed for his jaw.
He was faster than her but what he was up to. He wanted to knee me in the stomach, however, I bumped my head in his. We detached from each other grip and the collision made us fly back. I was on the floor and Jay didn't lose his balance. Everyone cheered and I even heard some, did she think she could win? Pathetic. Pathetic it will be the adjective to describe your alpha dear.
People looked at me as if I was a fool even Jayson was confused.

Only two persons in the crowd knew what was happening and they were right behind their Alpha. Jess and Theo. My baby girl would have understood she righted like that for years. Jay was stronger, faster and tried to read my moves which he couldn't.

I got up and felt the sticky liquid descending my brow bone. On his side everything was perfect, he already healed.

After few more tests, I knew it was time to end this little game.

He was circling me. Eyeing me like I was a prey, he might think that she wasn't that good in the end. The bet was already in his pocket. He relaxed a lot and was less careful.
After exactly three moves he will aim at me he was making his second step and in three seconds he will strike.

1,2... I took a long breath and analyzed his posture 3. Here he was fuming like a mad man aiming for my head. I blocked and now he will aim for the back of my thigh with a low kick if he did so, I had a few seconds to knee him in his ribs.

Hence, he was really predictable when I felt the blow, I landed my kick with all my force. He lost balance as one of his limbs was in the air. I didn't have the strength to remain up after the blow so I pushed all my weight on him. I was crushing his side straddling him, a painful growl could be heard. I took both his hand in one hand and pinned above his head and I was ready to achieve him with my other hand. He looked quite stunned and ground his hips one my pelvis.

I gasped and I loosened my grip too shocked. Was he turned on? I could feel his large member suffocating in his joggers. With his lustful eyes, he grinned mischievously.

Will that be the reason of my defeat.

There is no way I will let that happen.