Part 48: Panic attack

POV Mia
One day later I wake up to the doorbell ringing. I carefully walk downstairs and open the door. It's Hailey. "Hey," I say. "I got it for you," she says. She hands me the pregnancy test. "Thank you. Come in," I say. Hailey walks in and I close the door. We walk upstairs and I grab my phone to check the time. I see it's already 4 pm. "I'll use it right now," I say referring to the pregnancy test. She nods and smiles at me. I look at the test. What if it's positive? What am I gonna do? Will I keep it? What will happen with Diego? "It'll be okay. If it's positive I'll be there for you. I'll always be here for you," Hailey says. I look up at her and smile. "Thank you," I say. A tear slips. "I'm just so scared. If it was Diego's I wouldn't be as scared. But I just don't want to have Giovanny's baby," I say while crying. Hailey hugs me. "It's gonna be okay. I promise," she says. I get out the hug and walk to the bathroom.

I walk back in the room and we start waiting. I put the test on my nightstand. It'll come out in 15 minutes. I start focusing on my breathing because I couldn't control it. 4 seconds in, hold 7 seconds, blow 8 seconds. I repeat it till I'm relaxed. "Are you okay?" Hailey asks. "Just really nervous," I say. "Let's talk about something fun. We should go on a road trip together," Hailey says. "We should. That'd be so fun," I say. "I'm really in the mood for food. We should go get some after this," she says. "I can't leave my house," I say. "I forgot sorry," Hailey says. "It's okay," I say.

15 minutes pass and I grab it without looking. I take a deep breath. "You ready?" Hailey asks. I nod. Hailey hugs me and I hug her back. I get out the hug and slowly look at the test. Before I can see it I close my eyes. I take one deep breath and slowly open my eyes. Before I can look I hear Hailey react. She gasps. I look at her scared. She looks at me worried. I look down at the test and see the result.

Two lines. That means... That can't be true. This test must be wrong. This can't be happening. I start to panic. I throw the test away. I can't take care of a kid. I can't give birth. I'm 16 years old. I'm not ready. Tears start forming. And I can't hold them back. They start flowing. "AAAAHH!" I yell. Hailey hugs me. I can't control my breathing. I start sweating and my hart starts pounding. I can't stop crying. I push Hailey off me and I get out my shirt, it's so hot. "S-sor-ry," I say because I pushed her off. "It's okay. Relax," Hailey says. "Breath in. Breath out," she says. I try to follow her instructions but it doesn't work. It gets worse. It's to the point where I almost can't breath. "Just breath. Inhale. Exhale," Hailey says. I need Diego. "D-diego-o," I say. "You need him?" Hailey says stressed. I nod. She calls him. I try to listen to the phone call but I can't concentrate. "He's on his way," she says when she ends the phone call.  I'm still crying and I can't stop. My heart is pounding and I'm still sweating like crazy.

After two minutes the doorbell rings and Hailey runs downstairs. A few seconds later Hailey and Diego storm into my room. Diego sits behind me and hugs me. "Inhala. Exhala Princess," Diego says. (It's Spanish for inhale exhale obviously) I follow his instructions and it works. I'm still breathing really heavy but it's better now. I'm still sweating and my heart is still pounding. Diego hugs me tighter. "I love you. Never forget that," Diego says. It calms me down. "Whatever happens between us. I'll always love you," he continues. I stop sweating. My heart is slowing down. I start to breath slowly. "I love you Princesa. Forever and always," he says. I can breath normal and my heart is beating at a normal speed. I'm not sweating anymore. I stop crying and I start playing with my fingers. I need to tell Diego about the pregnancy test.

"What happened?" Diego asks. Tears start forming. Diego sees I'm about to cry. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," he says. "I have to tell you," I say and a few tears slip. I wipe them away with my hands. "Has Giovanny some something again?" Diego says and he starts to get mad. "You already knew about this but not what happened completely," I say. "What do you mean? You lied to me about something?" Diego asks. "I didn't lie I just kept unnecessary information from you. But it became necessary," I say. I told him about Giovanny raping me again but not the part where he didn't use protection. "What are you talking about?" Diego asks confused. "You know the second time Giovanny uhh... Well when he," I say. I take a deep breath before I tell him. "When he raped me again," I continue. "Yeah you told me," Diego says still confused.

Words: 902

Shit is about to get DOOWWWWNNNNN

tea.