Part 25: Dad

POV Hailey
I wake up and get ready for school. Mia and I are ready early so we decide to get some breakfast. This is how we look:

 This is how we look:

We got a donut from dunkin' donuts and a coffee

We got a donut from dunkin' donuts and a coffee. We drive to school and go to first period.

Skip to 4th period

Diego and I have 4th period together andI sit next to him. The teacher is late so everyone is talking. "Can you maybe help me?" Diego asks. "With what?" I ask. "I'm planning a date for Mia. But I want it to be special and a surprise. So can you tell her to come to this address Friday after school?" He says and he texts me an address. "Yes of course. What's your plan?" I say. "It's a secret," he says. "Well I got you covered. I'll tell her to go there," I say. "Thank you," Diego says and the teacher walks in. "Sorry i'm late," the teacher says and she starts class.

Time skip

4th period is over and Diego and I walk to 5th period, Biology. Mia is in that class too. I sit next to her and Diego sits next to her on her other side. She looks annoyed. "Is something wrong?" I ask. "My mom is making me go to my uncles party. It's always so boring. The first day my mom is back she already wants to go there," she says. "Fuck," I say. Now the date can't happen. "What?" Mia asks. "Nothing. Can't you just stay home?" I ask. "My mom always wants a reason," she says. "Just say you're sleeping over at my place," I say. "But then I need to go to your house after school," she says. "I'll text you the address. I'm meeting up with a friend there. You can come too," I say. "Thank you so much," she says. "Yeah no problem," I say. I smile at Diego.

Skip to Friday

POV Mia
I get ready for school and put this on.

POV MiaI get ready for school and put this on

Jabez walks in my room. "I'm taking the car today," he says. "What? But I need it," I say. "Too bad. Mom is taking her car and I need our car," he says. Jabez and I share one car and my mom has her own. But this means I have to walk to school and take an uber to the place where i'll meet Hailey. "Can you at least drive me to school?" I ask. "Fine," he sighs and he walks out my room. I put on some makeup and straighten my hair. "Are you ready? I'm leaving in 1 minute!" Jabez yells. "Coming!" I yell.

Skip to after school

I walk out and wait for my uber. When the uber is her I get in. "Where to?" He asks. I tell him the address and he starts driving. "What's your name?" He asks. "Mia," I say. "And your last name?" He asks. "Uhh Hazel," I say confused. Why does he need to know? "You're Juan's daughter?" He asks. "You know him?" I ask. "Yes he is a good friend of mine," he says.

After a while the car stops. "We're here," he says. I look where we are. "This is not the address," I say. "It's your dads house. Now get out," he says. "Can you just take me to the address I told you?" I say. "Get out," he says. I get out and I call Hailey.

Hailey: Hey what's up? You're supposed to be with Diego where u at?
Mia: Diego? I was going to the address you sent me.
Hailey: Ohh uhh- yeah you're right I thought you were uhh... I thought you were Alex.
Mia: Oh. Well I took an Uber but he knew my dad and took me to his house so now i'm at my dads house. Can you come pick me up?
Hailey: What? You're in your dads house?
Mia: No i'm in front of it, shit he's coming out his house.

"Mia?" I hear my dad.

Hailey: Text me the address i'm on my way!

She ends the call and I quickly text the address. "Mia what are you doing here?" My dad comes closer. "I'm at the wrong address," I say. "Come in for a bit," he says. "No thank you," I say. "Please," he says. "No. I'll just wait outside," I say. "Just come on. I'm sorry for what I did. Can you just please forgive me?" He says. "You don't even know what you did. You left us, and that's not the only thing you did. You broke me. You broke Jabez and you broke mom. So no, i'm not going to forgive you. Ever," I say. I see Hailey's car coming.

I get in Hailey's car. "What happened? What did he say," she says. "He just asked for forgiveness," I say. "Do you wanna go home? Or do you wanna go to the address I gave you?" She asks. "Home please," I say. "We could have fun if we go to the place?" She asks. "I just wanna go home," I say. "But it'll take your mind off of things," she says. "Are you sure?" I ask. I just wanna go home and sleep. "Yes i'm sure," she says. "Fine," I say.

When we get there I see Diego. "What is Diego doing here?" I ask. "He planned a date for you. That's why I wanted you to go here," she says smiling. "What? But i'm not prepared," I say while stressing out. "Just have fun. Now get out and get your boy," she says. "Omg Hailey you should've told me this. I hate you," I say. "Love you too. Have fun," she says and she laughs. I get out the car. "What took you so long?" Diego asks. "Sorry," I say. "It's okay. You look beautiful," he says. I blush. "Thank you," I say.

Words: 982