Part 45: Hospital

POV Diego
I get in my car after she drove away and drive to her house. I need to fix this. I see a car crash happened. I see two ambulances and three cop cars. I drive around it. I get to her house and walk to her door. I ring the doorbell and her mom opens the door. "Hello miss- I mean Teresa. I'm here for Mia," I say. "Hey Diego. She's not home yet," she says. "Okay. Can you tell her to call me?" I say. "I will," she says. "Thank you," I say and walk back to my car.

Where could she be? I drive to the park. I get out my car and walk through the park. She's not here either.

Where could she be? Maybe it was her. No it can't be. She can't be the one in that car crash. It was on her route. I drive to the car crash and look at the cars. FUCK. It's her car. The ambulances are already gone and I drive to the hospital. It's my fault. If I didn't call her a slut she wouldn't even drive back home. It's my fault she got in the car crash.

When I get to the hospital I walk the reception. "Hello what room is Mia Hazel in?" I ask. She must be here. "What is your relation with the patient?" The receptionist asks. "I'm her boyfriend," I say. "I'll look for you," the receptionist says. She looks on her computer. "She's in room 435," the receptionist says. Before I walk to her room I go to shop and quickly get some flowers. I get to the room and see Mia unconscious. Her mom and brother are in the room with her. "Hello," I say. "How did you know she was here?" Jabez asks. "I saw her car in a car crash when I was on my way home," I say. "The doctor said she'll wake up anytime soon," Mia's mom says. I sit down on a chair and put the flowers on a table.

POV Mia
I wake up and before I open my eyes I grab my phone from my nightstand, but I don't feel it. It doesn't feel like my nightstand. I open my eyes and see that i'm not in my room. I quickly sit up and feel a sharp pain in my chest. I groan. I look around and see I'm in a hospital room. The only person who's in the room with me is Diego. He's asleep. How did I get here? I try to remember what happened. I remember going to Diego's house. Explaining, then he called me a slut. I got in a car crash. I try to stretch but I feel the pain in my chest again. "Fuck," I say.

Diego wakes up. "You're awake," he says. "I am now get out please," I say. "Mia i'm so sorry. You mean the world to me and I can't lose you. Please forgive me. I won't ask you to forget it but please forgive me," he says. His eyes are so beautiful and honest. I just can't stay mad at him. But he called me a slut and he knows how much that hurts me. "Diego. I really love you, and I know I can't stay mad at you forever but you know about my past. And that word really hurt me. Especially when you said it," I say. "I know I'm so sorry. I regret it so much," Diego says. "I'll forgive you. But it's gonna take time for me to trust you again to tell you things like that," I say. "I get it," he says. Why isn't my mom here? Or Jabez? "Your mom went home because of her work and Jabez went to get some food," Diego says. It's like he can read my mind. My mom really left me for her work. Ouch. "Where is my phone?" I ask. "I don't know. Maybe it broke," Diego says. "Right," I say and look around for something to do. I'm bored. I just wanna check my phone. I lay back down and the pain in my chest comes back. I groan. "What's wrong?" Diego asks and stands up. "My chest hurts," I say. "I'll get a doctor," Diego says and walks out the room.

After two minutes Diego walks in with a doctor. He walks to my bed and shakes my hand. "I'm doctor White," he says. "Mia Hazel," I say. "You know what happened?" He asks. "I got in a car crash," I say. "That's right. You broke one rib. It's gonna take about 3 weeks to heal. You can go home tomorrow. Just take it slow and try laying down as much as you can. You can't go to school the first week," he says. "Okay. Do I need any medication?" I say. "You need to take 2 antibiotics a day. One in the morning and one in the evening," he says. "Okay," I say. "Any questions?" He asks. "No," I say. "Okay," the doctor says and he walks out my room. "Oh I uhh, I got you these," Diego says and gives me flowers. "Thank you," I say and put them on the table next to my bed.

Words: 883