"Yeah. When I was 5. When I could barely go to the bathroom alone." I rolled my eyes as we walked in.

"Hey you go find a spot while I go order okay? What would you like?" He asked as he pulled out his wallet.

"I'll only get a McChicken I guess. Surprise me with a drink would ya?" I patted his shoulder before we walked different ways.

I already found a two person seat and decided to sit there until I saw a big mama with what looked like a 9 year old son.

"Excuse me we where gonna sit there." She scoffed at me rudely.

"Well, I'm sorry but I'm already sitting here so-

"You better get out of this seat right before I call the manager monkey face!"

I looked behind me too see if there was anyone or anything cause she sure ain't talking to me.

"Mom its oka-

"No Jeffrey we saw this seat first so we're gonna have this seat." The lady said not even looking at her child.

At this point I would've already threw some hands but I felt bad for the little guy.

I got up slowly as I tried my best to calm down.

"Look lady. I don't know who you think you are. But if you really did see this seat first, then what was my butt doing sitting on it huh? Would you care to explain that with your body looking like an air ballon you could fly away anytime soon havin' ass."

Before the lady could speak Brayden came with our food looking at me confused. "Is they're something going on here?"

"Actually yes. Your little friend over here took our seat and now she's trying to create a scene." The women lied looking all smugly as her child faced palmed himself.

Brayden looked back at me then the lady and sighed out."Okay... Char let's just sit here." He said as he pushed me to another table.

"Wait what? Your just going to let them win!?" I whispered/yelled as I looked back at the table I was at before.

"It's not a big deal it's just a seat." He explained as he passed me my food.

"Yeah a seat that they stole from me." I mumbled as I grabbed a straw. "But it's not even that. That lady called me a monkey face! Could you believe that?"

As I said that Brayden just chuckled before taking a bite of his hamburger. "Brayden did you just chuckle?". He hummed as he looked up at me looking confused. "I just said that lady called me a monkey face and you chuckled." I repeated.

He placed his burger gently on the table and wiped his mouth. "Well I mean. It's not a big deal eith-

"That lady was being racist Brayden! It's a common insult!" I yelled at him but not too loud for people to start starring at us.

"Well I'm sorry I've never been called 'Monkey Face' before." he tried to joke but I kept looking at him like I wanted to murder him. "And plus. You kinda do look like one with those glasses." He chuckled once more as he took a another bite of his burger.

Calm down Charlotte. This is not high school anymore.

"You know what Brayden I think we should just call this a night." I scoffed as I got up.

"Wait! Charlotte is it something I said?"

"Of course it is! And not only that but you're a jerk! Now I think I understand why Henry and Jasper were acting so weird around you."

"Well, you didn't even let me finish! I meant you look like a cute monkey! You know?" He asked as he ran up to me. "Charlotte." He sighed as he paused. "Let me at least take you back to your dorm."

                                             •••

It's been at least 4 hours since Brayden brought me back home and since then he's been spamming me with text messages. It was getting to much at a point that I had to completely turn off my notifications, and trust me when I say I always leave them on.

I was sitting on the tiny couch while binge watching the walking orange on RedFlix when suddenly the dorm room opened. I slightly turned my head around to look at the door and I calmed down when it was only Henry coming in.

"Hey Henry." I saluted him.

"Hey Char! While on my way back from work I thought you may wanted some frozen yogurt from Yotally Togurt!" He smiled as he passed me a bag.

"Thanks." I smiled as I grabbed the bag.

"So... How was your hangout with Brayden?" He smiled as he opened up his own bag crashing down beside me.

"Umm.. it was cool! It was fun." I smiled weakly as I copied his actions.

"Char?"

"Yeah?" I replied as I started tearing up.

"What happened?" He asked as I threw myself in his arms.

"What he did hit straight from home Henry." I sobbed as he rubbed my arm gently.

"Okay, take your time. There's no rush."

I breathed in gently before continuing. I explained everything. Beginning to the end. No details left behind. How first he barely tried to defend me with that lady and then how he chuckled and all that. But I left out the part where he actually called me a monkey. Cause I knew that if I did say that. This boy would go full out Kid Danger on him.

"Char, remind me to kill him tomorrow." I heard him say threw gritted teeth. Well never mind he'll kill him either way.

"Henry no need. He's not worth it." I chuckled as I sat back down feeling the cold air hit my body once more. I already miss his warm touch.

"Well for me he sure is." He sighed out. "How about this. To get your mind off of things we could maybe watch a movie together? While eating some fro yo?"

I nodded as I grabbed the tiny container of yogurt from beside me.

"Okay! Let me just grab a couple stuff from my room and I'll be back in a jiffy." He smiled as he got up. "Oh and Char?"

"Yeah?"

"You look amazing in that outfit by the way. And you should wear those glasses more often, they look really nice on you." He smiled before entering his room.

I grinned blushing hard as I kept my eyes on the door. I've been spending my time with the wrong person.

Henry Hart, you are one special person.

——————————————————————————

A/N

Oohh, do you think this is the end of Brayden? Oh and what do you think this means for Charlotte? Is she finally starting to feel something? Btw I had no idea what to name the title so please bare with me 😆 Anyways...

1726 words

                                                                  -and I oop