Anoki grew even more nervous towards her silence and started rambling again towards the smaller woman, while still holding her hand. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable I get really nervous around new people...." the rest of what Anoki said was really rushed that no one really understood what she was saying, but her face gradually turned a deeper red before her body started twitching a little and Anoki had to sit down next to Zoro to calm down from her little panic attack. Stunned wasn't even the word to choose to explain how everyone was feeling towards that. Nami was blushing but felt a little guilty for making her panicked, Zoro was trying to calm her down as Anoki practiced her breathing techniques, while Luffy just laughed it off. 

Nami cleared her throat, "I'm not joining you pirates, I NEVER will!" And with that Nami sauntered off. Zoro and Luffy's attention was gained again when they heard the sound of swallowing and their eyes bulged when they saw that the dog had swallowed the key. Anoki's soul practically left her body so she didn't scold Luffy as he violently shook the dog back and forth. 

"Spit it out, spit it out, spit it out!" he yelled while Zoro just laughed at their rubber captain while rubbing a soothing hand up and down Anoki's back.

 "Hey! Leave Chouchou alone!" An older man screamed. Anoki was snapped out of her daze at the screaming and looked at the man. She silently questioned his outfit for he was wearing a leather chest-plate and gauntlets over a normal yellow shirt. "Wha.." she mumbled. Zoro spared her a sympathetic glance before groaning as he slumped forward. 

The man cast a concerned gaze towards Anoki and Zoro before slapping Luffy's hands away from the small dog. Luffy grinned up at the man, "Ne, can you take those two to a place where than can rest?" The man nodded before looking towards Zoro who grumbled as he stood up and had Anoki over his shoulders. He led them away to his house as Luffy glared at the dog. 

Soon enough the man returned, "They'll be fine, the lady needs to calm down while the young man just needs some sleep." Luffy smiled at the man again. 

"So were you youngins' attacked by the Buggy pirates?"

"Yep."

"Those bastards! I'm the own damn mayor to this town and...." he was cut off by a loud growl as a man and a pinkish lion strolled up to the two. 

"I'm Mohji the beast tamer! And this is my lion Richie!" the strangely dressed man yelled as he got off the lion. The mayor scampered off to watch from a safe distance, silently apologizing to the boy who was still in the cage. Luffy held a strange look on his face as he look at Mohji. 

"The hell, are you some strange animal?" he rudely asked. Mohji gasped, before angrily responding back, "I'm a person, this is just my hair!"

"THAT MAKES IT WEIRDER!" Luffy cackled out. Mohji growled before ordering his lion to attack. Richie snarled as he leapt forward, smashing the cage to bits and throwing Luffy through a house, rubble falling on him. Mohji cackled and lit fire to the pet store as Richie finished ransacking the building, and leaving a bleeding Chouchou who tried to defend his master's store. Nami and the mayor cried silent tears towards the dog before screaming out in shock as Luffy sprung up through the rubble. 

"HOW ARE YOU ALIVE!?" They screamed while pointing accusing fingers towards the confused male. Luffy's confusion soon turned to rage as he saw the pet store ablaze and a wounded Chouchou. 

"Damnit, you freak, that was his treasure!" he roared as he punched both Richie and Mohji, sending them flying. He picked up the bag of dog food and made his way back towards the group. 

"You pirates are all the same!" Nami shouted, "I should kill you now before you assemble a crew!" she yelled out as she pulled her bo-staff. Luffy looked at her before responding, "You can't kill me." That sent her in a fit of rage as she tried to charge but the mayor held her back. Luffy ignored her as he gave the bag to Chouchou.