Grace (New chapter)

Start from the beginning

" My palms are sweating ", I huffed. He kissed my forehead reassuringly. We spent the rest of that day in bed seemingly exhausted from our exchange.

In those coming weeks Erik and Harper were in and out the palace for hydrotherapy sessions with one of our top scientist. It would extract their memories and send that information over to the therapist, our top therapist as well. She specialized in extreme therapy and PTSD. I heard a lot of yelling. I admit that I spyed sometimes because I was so curious. Eventually T'challa caught me and scolded me. As defensive as I was he said it would be better to befriend Bia if I was so curious about her. I couldn't bring myself to strike up a conversation with her. She was just so interesting, I didn't get to be around women her age often. She seemed to be about the same age as me, maybe a few years older from the way her eyes seemed so wise beyond her years.

T'challa passed a bill allowing most international media to stream and be distributed throughout Wakanda. Less mainstream artists were making their debut here. Television shows and movies I'd never seen before would be allowed here. He also was heavily in communication with the avengers. I'd yet to meet everyone but I would very soon. He offered me a spot but I said I'd wait just a bit longer until I was comfortable with leaving Azari.

Until then I'd continue to be hands on with Azari and pacing my work load as a new mom. Today was a bit overwhelming so I decided to take Azari outside for his after lunch nap. He enjoyed the all glass green house and I knew it wouldn't be long before he was fast asleep. I read a book and have tea as I watch him. I hear feet patting towards me but I asssume it's one of the servants only to find the mysterious girl Erik was with.

" Bia! So nice to see you again ! ", I immediately go in for a hug.

" How are you ? Please sit. Would you like some tea ? It was just made ", I gesture to the tea pot.

" I've been great. I would love some ", She accepts my offer. I pour tea into my cup.

" It's Black tea infused with orange ", I chirp while pouring the hot liquid into a porcelain cup.

" Do you want cream or sugar ? ", I ask.

" No, just plain will do ", She accepts the cup from me and takes a sip from it.

" Azari and I are just getting some sun and quiet time. The palace can cloud your brain sometimes. It can be over stimulating for him especially when it's time for him to sleep ", I turn to him and pick him up. He's awake sucking on his fist.

" I just fed you. Don't embarrass me in front of our guest like I don't feed you ? ", I whisper loudly to him. Coincidentally he grins at me.

" And he's petty like his dad. He won't take a pacifier but he'll gnaw away at his fist all day confusing me. I find it quite funny ", I joke, sitting him up against my belly.

" He is beautiful ", Bia smiles at him.

" Thanks. I think he looks like his dad ", Azari fixates on Bia not recognizing the new face.

" I think he looks like you. He has your eyes sort of, they're more grey though ", She notices.

" Weird huh ? Before I became a mutant I had amber/light brown eyes. I can't remember anyone in my family nor T'challa's having grey. You never know with this kid though, he's half mutant...half genetically enhanced by his father. Who knows what it means, I love him either way. He seems to find you quite interesting though. Want to hold him ? ", I ask, hoping to break the ice. Bia seemed very reserved and a bit nervous.