Beginning (Revamped)

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

    Ingelosi - Angel
    Entle - Beauty/ beautiful.

Ps: I can't find any music.....lmao !

" Your garden is so beautiful. I love it ", I looked at a rose bush in front of us. A butterfly flew right past for added scenery. This placed looked like something out of an African fairytale.

" All this is because of Romanda. She loves to garden. She's planted all of these flowers over the years. It's her garden, truly ", T'challa looked around with me.

" Well she did an amazing job ", I noticed a set of eyes burning through my peripheral. I turn to see T'challa staring at me. When our eyes met we shared a smile. We came across a shaded wooden swing in the garden to sit at. It rocked slowly, neither of us speaking. He made the first move.

" So tell me about your life at home now. I don't know much about you now that you're grown. Last time I saw you, you were adamant about winning that football (soccer) championship  ", he inquired.

" Oh yes, we won. I played up until my senior year. After that I was done. I wanted to go to the America's to study but Baba said no ", I looked down in defeat. I understood why he said no, but him denying me my right to education still kind of hurt.

" If you want to travel to the America's then we can. If you want to extend your education you can. Whatever you want, you need only ask. Sadly you can't stay in the states though. You are going to have to be trapped in the palace with me ", he teased.

" That's not the worst thing. It would be terrible had you been cruel to me or taken advantage of my grooming. I like you ", I blurt, eyes widening at my last sentence. I meant it a different way but it came out another. He's smile dropped and his eyes hovered my lips.

" I'm pleased you hold me in such high regard after all these years, Entle ", he chuckled softly. The word passed his lips like silk. It took me a few seconds to process what he has called me since Xhosa was not my first language. He called me beautiful. I couldn't help but to be flustered by his switch from english to his native tongue.

One thing I had noticed is that his accent was thicker. When I was first learning Xhosa, he talked slowly so that I could understand him. His accent was very thick, but still clear and smooth. Mine could be described as very straight forward. It sounded like a mixture of an Aussie accent and a Kenyan accent. I didn't find mine all too appealing. The most important part is that we understood each other clearly.

" I...want to know more about you though. What's changed since the last time I saw you ", I brushed a curl behind my ear, pushing the conversation further.

" Well, not much until recently. I've continued my training to be King. I've continued with my studies abroad and visited Oxford for awhile. Recently I received my Ph.D in physics from Oxford university. After that I finished my rights of passage test and became the Black Panther exactly one year ago. It's the same old, same old with me. Being the Black Panther is one of the very few things in my life, that has been thrilling for me. A part of me enjoys adventure but the other half knows what's expected of me. I enjoy being someone else for awhile. Someone else other than Prince T'challa, son of King T'chaka ", he explained.

" A Ph.D in physics, being the Black Panther, and studying abroad. That sounds like a very thrilling life. I'm glad you have some sort of enjoyment. If I'm not mistaken you almost sound...bored ", I chuckled.

" Don't get me wrong, I understand my duty to Wakanda. It's just that living here in the palace can get very repetitive. I'm glad you are here to shake things up. Change is good ", his gold speckled irises penetrated my own. I found myself inthralled with every word that passed his lips. It was easy to listen to him talk. I could get lost in the inflections of his voice.