Son of a king pt.1 ( New chapter)

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

I probably read that letter three times before bursting into tears. I wished I'd met her before she passed. My bath water was heading towards luke warm now. I immediately got out and dried off scrambling to finish my night routine. I storm through the bathroom door and out to our bedroom. T jumps slightly from my quick entrance to the room and sits up in the bed.

" We need to go home ", I insist.

" Wh- why ? ", he looks at me in confusion.

" I need to go back to Cai. I just read this letter and Ororo in my sis- cousin. She's my cousin ", I confess.

" How is that possible ? ", he squints.

I hand the letter to him and watch his emotions shift from confusion, to sadness, to shock. After he finished he slowly lifted his head up at me and for the first time I saw him look at me differently. It wasn't a bad different but it was...different.

" There's folklore about those African priestesses. Baba used to tell them to me as a child....come to find out you're real. Just as real as I thought you we're when I was little ", he slowly stood up from the bed approaching me.

" I knew there was something different about you when I met you, even before the change ", he added.

" While that's endearing and sweet we need to leave. Like right now ", I snapped him out of his daze.

" Why now? This trip was suppose to be about your mental health. I think you should stay until it's over. You had a lot going on back in Wakanda. I needed to get you away from that ",  he insists.

" I know honey...I know. I wanted to stay on this trip as well but after I got this letter it changed everything. I actually....I actually don't feel as bad about Cai as I did before. I need to get those people in order, I owe it to them. I know some of our military is securing them but they need more than that. They need effort...and support. They need more jobs and more approved businesses. It's been well over a month. To tell you the truth I haven't been feeling so great during this trip. I've been nauseous on and off since my party and newyork is cold and I just needed to regroup. I don't want to sound ungrateful but I guess Ororo's letter finally gave me a spark again. It made me want to go back ", I confess. He let out a disappointed sigh before he nodded.

" I have half the mind to body slam you back into bed BUT....this letter made you feel something. That's all I wanted for you. I wanted you to get your determination back ", he insisted.

" I love you ", I sank into him and he kissed the top of me head.

" Yeah yeah...love you too ", he chuckled.

" So can we go home ? ", I asked hopefully.

" We can do anything you want ", he brushed the bottom of my chin with his finger and I grinned from ear to ear. And just like that we were back on our jet within the hour. We slept most of the ride back and we made it back to Wakanda the next evening.

" Back so soon ", Romanda was shocked by our appearance.

" Yes ! But I'll be gone soon ", I exclaim.

" Well you seem happier ", Romanda smiled. I embraced her tightly causing her to chuckle in surprise.

" I have something to show you ", I pulled her hand and brung her to another room of the palace. I pulled the note from my pocket and handed it to her.

" Goodness ", she clutched her chest in surprise.

" I know right. I actually get to brag and say that Ororo is my relative. How neat is that ? Now all I have to do is gold encrust and frame the letter. I want to keep this forever ", I gushed. She laughed at my excitement.