Venom Pt. 1 (Revamped)

Please listen to music linked with chapter

If you told me he kissed me when he bit me, I'd probably believe it. I didn't feel much pain just a lot of pressure. It helped me feel a lot better when it came to my nausea and tiredness. It was like I got a shot of adrenaline to my veins in that moment. I didn't understand why he did it. All he said was...

" This is going to keep us connected no matter what. Whatever happens, you will feel me "

Those words echoed in my head as I stood at warrior falls in traditional Wakandan garments. My heart was racing out of my chest. T'Challa was stripped of his powers to make the fight fair.

" This is your last chance. Throw down your weapon and we can handle this another way ", T'Challa warned Erik. Erik stuck both of his knives into the ground and started to undress.

" I lived my entire life waiting for this moment. I tried, I lied, I killed just to get here. I killed in America and all along the Persian gulf. I took life from my own brothers and sisters right here on this very continent. And all this death ", he picked up his knives again after throwing his shirt in the water.

" Just so I could kill you ", he pointed his blade at T'challa.

Now T'Challa knew that if he lost, yielding wouldn't matter. I hoped to god he'd have a change of heart if things turned left. I noticed the scars on Erik's body. I did not want to think of the correlation between those he's killed and the thousands of marks that covered his body. I held Romanda's hand for support because something told me I was going to need it. T'Challa turned to Zuri nodding that it was time. Zuri turned to the crowd.

" Let the challenge, Begin ! ", Zuri hit his spear against the ground covered in water.

Erik came at him hard, using both his spear and a hand blade on T'Challa. Water splashed all around them as T'Challa pushed back, swinging his knife at him and blocking his attacks with his wooden shield. T'challa swung back again but Erik dodged it. The fight was very "tic for tac" but I noticed T'Challa start to gain on Erik . He got in a couple hits and for some time, I was almost certain he would win.

" You've got this ! ", I called out to him.

My fists clenched every time Erik hit T. When his fists met his skin, the bite mark (that was healed) on me would throb with heat. I was angry that  I couldn't do anything. I found myself living through T'challa wanting to hurt Erik for trying to hurt T.
The fight went on and on forever. Both men had stamina but it got to a point where T was dodging instead of actually getting in hits. Erik was extremely quick on his feet and he wasn't tiring out like T'Challa hoped he would.  T'challa started taking a few hits. I figured he would gain control seconds later but he didn't. He kept taking shots to his face and chest. Shuri screamed as Erik took a hard blow at T'challa's face causing him to fall into the water. Erik officially had the advantage now. T got up quickly, wiping his mouth of blood before Erik could get to him from behind.

T'Challa was losing.

Erik's knife suddenly slashed T'Challa's chest leaving a huge gash before he JUMPED and spun around to hit T's eye with the back of his sword to gain momentum and carry force. I gasped as T'Challa swayed on his feet. The impact on his head left him fuzzy before he realized where he was again. I choked out a cry watching him slowly fall apart.
T'challa's footing was not secure but he fought to hold on. He took another strong swing at Erik with his fist and ended up drawing blood. Erik smirked at him before he hit T once more, knocking T'Challa straight onto his back. My body ached as if I felt the hit too. Moments passed and I expected T'Challa to get up but he didn't. His chest was still moving up and down as he breathed heavily but his eyes were closed.