Interlinked ( New chapter)

Please listen to music linked with chapter

Stay tuned for authors note

I sniffled listening to the drips of the dark jail cell. Conditions in the jail were the bare minimum of sustainable. I just hoped I'd be out soon. Night came and it only got colder. My throat became sore from the drop in temperature around me. Suko had already developed a cough and she was freezing. It being so cold underground made us sleep most of the time to avoid shivering.

The sun came up as it always did. The world went on no matter what. Suddenly the sounds of gunfire and yelling was heard above us. The room shook and I became nervous. Did Erik's plan follow through over night ? With the sound of chaos in the distance, I had no choice to believe so.

" There's a breech ! ", Suko yelled. My stylist cried in relief. I hear running in the distance getting closer to our cells. I tensed up fearing it was someone here to hurt us but all I saw was Nakia. I gasped. She was dressed in Dora attire.

" Harper ! ", she frantically unlocked my cell.

" Thank gooodness ", we embraced each other in relief.

" You won't believe what happened ", she turned around to free Suko and my stylists.

" T'Challa lives ", she beamed.

" W-What ? ", I shake my head in confusion.

" He is taking back Wakanda. M'baku saw him in the river and preserved him. He saved T'Challa so we could give him the herb. The King lives ", she leads us down the Prison halls. I couldn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. My mind couldn't fathom him being alive so I shut down.

" I'll escort you all to safety in the palace ", Said Nakia.

" There has to be something more I can do ", I insist.

" T'Challa gave me orders - ", I cut her off entering one of the palace halls. We hurried through.

" Take me to the lab at least ", I insist.

" Right away ", Nakia got Suko and my stylists to safety inside one of the palace bunkers with the rest of the staff and then rushed me to the lab where I saw agent Ross. He waved awkwardly at me.

" Wow...you're still alive ", I mumbled in surprise. I thought the Jabari would have killed him on sight.

" Yeah me too ", Shuri called from behind me. I embraced her fiercely.

" Where's Romanda ?! ", I panicked.

" She is safe in Jabari land. They agreed to keep her there per T'challa's request ", Shuri explained. The pounding outside intensified.

" Nakia and I will get control of the Royal talon with this ", she reveals a new tech armor rack. She grabs a communication device.

" What do we do ? ", I mention Ross and myself. She slips a Kimoyo bead around Ross's wrist.

" You will fly it. Harper will help", Shuri quipped.

" Fly what ?! ", Ross and I said in unison.

Shuri points to the automated system that simulated the ships carrying out weaponry to the agents.

" You were a great pilot. Don't worry. I'll talk you through it with my Kimoyo. It's just like riding a hover bike  ", Shuri insists as her and Nakia continue to get ready. They both had on armor now.

" You guys have hover bikes ? ", Asks agent Ross.

Shuri and Nakia grab the last of their weapons and run out of the lab.