The Press ( Revamped)

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

This chapter switches back and forth to Harper & T'Challa Pov a few times.

We were seated at a podium with microphones. T'Challa always memorized his speeches because he said it looked more professional. He warned me that I'd have to learn how to do it soon. Our host/interviewer introduced us as before. We waved at the crowed and smiled as expected.

" Some things have certainly changed since we've last seen each other. A lot has changed. When you two sat here you were Prince and Princess but now you are to be crowned King and Queen of Wakanda tonight. How do you feel about that ? ", the interviewer looked to us both.

" It's bitter sweet for me but I could not be happier that I'm entering a new stage of life with the love my life. She is what makes it all worth it ", Said T. I could feel heat rushing to my face as I smiled softly from his words.

" Truthfully it's been a roller coaster but I'm happy that it's alongside him. I'm glad the two of us get along and can incorporate our union and successful marriage into ruling Wakanda ", I said. The audience nodded in approval.

" The people of Wakanda want to know what the two of you feel you can bring to Wakanda as a unit, as a partnership. What do you two have that the other Kings and Queens don't ? ", said the interviewer.

" I think what separates us RESPECTFULLY over the last reigns is that we are younger. With each new wave of ruling there is a new perspective and a new idea. With our youth and updated outlook of life and society it what will essentially push Wakanda into the future - as if it isn't already there. Special thanks to Shuri ", I hinted. The audience laughed.

" Yes my sister is truly who to thank. She's promoted this forward thinking and although that elders might not be on board with every single invention or idea from her, they let her shine. She's one of the brightest minds in Africa ", T,Challa chimed in.

" Absolutely, and your crowning ceremony is later on this evening and you both have an announcement to make during that time. Any hints to what the special announcement might be ? ", the interviews chuckled. I looked at T'Challa and he smiled.

" No ", I said into the mic.

" You have to give them something ", T'Challa laughed. I shrugged not knowing what to say.

" I'll say this. I think you guys are in for a surprise but Harper and I embrace change now. You'll find that Harper isn't like any Queen Wakanda has seen before and that's a good thing ", he rested his hand in my lap.

" I do feel the love and admiration between the two of you. You have a lot of respect for her and you him. I think I can speak for all of Wakanda when I say that we are excited to have you both reigning despite the changes during most of this year. We trust in your politics and your love in Wakanda to see this job through properly. I'd like to ask my last question before your highness gives his speech about his findings. What are some of the goals you'd like to reach for yourself personally in the future and what are your hopes for Wakanda in the future?  ", the interview put his microphone down and gave us the floor.

" You first ", I whispered loudly into the mic looking at T'Challa. The crowd was amused by our playful banter.

" Truthfully in the distant future I hope we grow our family. As for the near future I'd hope to get to know her even more than I do now. We haven't had much time to grow as a married couple after the unfortunate events that happened. I'd like to continue growing with her. As for Wakanda in the future, I'd love to be able to carry on my father's legacy wether that be introducing new technology, expanding the studies of our students, funding more scholarships, creating more job opportunities, or simply just expanding. Whatever it may be, I know I'll be able to do it with her by my side ", he reassured. I felt my cheeks warm beneath my skin from his comment.