Reckless pt.2 ( Revamped)

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

T'Challa pov*

I had spent 2 weeks planning this party for her. I was unsure how'd she'd take to it. She'd barely gone out in public recently. The city was waiting for her, they missed her. Watching the reaction on her face was the highlight of it all. She had absolutely no clue and tiring her out kept her away from any suspicions she could have had. I had invited so many people to this party I forgot some of their faces. Half of the guests were people she knew or had spoken to in previous conferences and past events. Others were younger people around her age who made the cut. I wanted her to have people around her age to talk with and have fun with. Even if she didn't know them now, she'd know them by the end of the night.

Duke wanted to go but he'd be back after our trip. Instead I flew out two special guests for her. Her highschool friends Anyo and Zena. They were the two people who knew her longer than me. Even though Harper didn't talk about them much, Duke told me they were her most consistent friends. Flying them to Wakanda was a hassle. After getting them to sign a legal contract, I sent them here on a ship that was tinted on the inside so that they couldn't see the way here. The only thing they saw was the palace. They weren't permitted to explore the city or go anywhere in the city besides the palace. It was a huge risk but I really wanted Harper to enjoy this night. 

After tightly hugging me she spotted her friends in the crowd and screamed. They rushed to her side and embraced her after not seeing her for so long.  The gushed over her hair and how different she looked. I was fine playing the back and watching her socialize after so long of only having me to confide in. I was nearing capacity for this event and catering and staff would be in for a busy night. This was a huge party, probably just as big as the ones my father once planned for me annually. She disappeared in the crowd and I grabbed a drink. Romanda was there to say Happy birthday and then head off to bed and Shuri could only stay for an hour.

" You did such a good job. It seems you have my designing skills after all ", she pecked my cheek and headed down the hall with a drink in her hand. I sat at the bar watching the people around me becoming increasingly more and more intoxicated. I wasn't exactly the drink to get drunk type mostly because the herb burned off my alcohol quickly. It took a lot for me to get impaired. My joy came from seeing her happy. I watched her dance with her friends at the second level of the ballroom with a drink in her hand. A smile spread on my face watching her have fun.

" Well this is getting quite rowdy already ", W'kabi sat next to me sipping for his glass.

" You remember us at 19 and 20 ? ", I scoffed. W'kabi chuckled and sighed watching all the young girls run through the party hand in hand.

" Quite worse. I nearly ruined my liver ", W'kabi joked.

" Don't even remind me. I can still TASTE my 20th birthday party ", I held my stomach in distaste. W'kabi sucked his teeth shaking his head at the memory. I was no stranger to partying before the herb and partying hard.

" You going to let her go through the same route ? She'll never drink again ", W'kabi set his glass on the bar watching people go up for a popular song and cheer.

" I was hesitant but...she has to have the experience at least once. She has a lot to experience and a lot to learn. I'm learning when to leave myself out and let her do her ", I held my hands up in surrender.

" We all had to do it. It was like that for Okoye and I. Most generals don't marry other generals. Everyone around me was marrying some sort of mining tribe girl. Domestic women who longed after the house wife life. That's all fine don't get me wrong, but Okoye was...different. It took a lot to even get her time. Her job itself was intimidating, just as intimidating as mine. When we married...she wore armor. Damned armor to our wedding",W'kabi
laughed at the memory and so did I. Okoye was extremely proud of who she was and her duty to the throne.