River (New Chapter)

Please listen to music linked with chapter.

My birthday was on August30th. Sorry for not updating. I turned 21...lol.

I sulked in my room waiting for the council meeting that would commence in just a few hours. I laid in bed again, hoping to fall asleep soon but only being met with darkness. I couldn't sleep when I was so damn jittery. A knock on my door startled me. I walked to the door but I was afraid to open it.

" Harper, it's me ", I heard Nakia whisper. I quickly opened the door to see Nakia, Shuri, Okoye, and Ayo of course Romanda. Ayo and Okoye stood outside of the door.

" Oh dear ", Romanda got to me first pulling me closer to her. We all ended up in a huge pile up hug.

" He's been keeping us from seeing you. Our time here is limited ", Nakia warned.

" He senses we have a plan ", Shuri added.

" He was right. We do have a plan ", I walked them over to my bed. Each person sat down.

" Is Ross still alive ? ", I asked.

" Yes. He's waiting for me in the lab. I've been sneaking him food ", Shuri groaned.

" Killmonger is being crowned King tonight. That is the perfect timing to steal the Herb and take it to the Jabari mountains. Beg, beg for one of the Jabari men to become King and take the Herb. He will come back here to defeat Killmonger and all will be well again. We can't continue to let Killmonger use Wakanda as an army base ", I ranted.

" The Jabari practically hate us ", Shuri warned.

" T'Challa spared M'baku's life. Maybe he will give us another chance. If we come respectfully I think they'd at least let us go. We have to try ", I insist.

" Harper is right. It's the right thing for her...and T'Challa's baby. It deserves to grow up in a world without fear. Anyone in the Jabari is our best hope but we should try to get M'Baku first. He is the strongest of them all ", Said Nakia. I grabbed her hand in support. 

" What about Ayo and Okoye ? ", I asked.

" I've already talked to them about escaping. Their loyalty is to the throne. They physically cannot leave. The King would notice right away ", Said Nakia. I looked down sadly.

" I will stay here - ", all the women started protesting.

" After all the torture he's done to you. I've had nightmares of your screams ! You can't possibly expect us to leave you behind ", Romanda scolded.

" If I go it will be too obvious. He's had guards on the end of each of my halls since his reign started. He's technically had me on lock down. I think he's afraid of me the most. He's afraid my powers will come back. He's afraid I'll do something crazy. He knows I'm capable. It's best I stay here. Besides you all said that he's been making seeing me harder. Go while he's distracted. He isn't constantly checking up on you all. He's been checking on me. I'll keep his attention and you'll come back with help. Trust me...this will work ", I praise.

" But what if he hurts you ...", Shuri looked at me with worry. I sucked me teeth and pulled her into me.

" He won't. Not physically at least  ", I promised.

" How do you know ? ", Nakia warned.

" Because....he's told me his plans for me. I just go with the flow and do what he says. If I get him too angry I'll...find a way to calm him ", I sighed.