Chapter 36

On the train Dudley was fascinated of the journey. Ron and Hermione appeared and were confused about why Harry was talking to his god cousin. Ron asked "Hey mate,  why are you talking to your god cousin isn't he a muggle?" Dudley replied " Seems that I ain't muggle but just like Hermione I am muggle-born." Ron was shocked and couldn't understand then Hermione asked "That's impossible you are not eleven you are fifteen the same as Harry. So why can you go to Hogwarts you will be a lot older than the First term students?" Dudley replied "Well I will be joining Fifth Year but not until I am caught up with the past terms. I met Mcgonagal and she told me that I will be studying in a classroom until I know everything a Fifth year student should know," Hermione was even more surprised. Harry said "I should have warned you that my god cousin somehow got magic when I visited them during the holidays." 

All four enjoyed the train journey to Hogwarts. Dudley had the experience of being a fist year by going by boat while Harry, Ron and Hermione went by a self pulling carriage. 

Everyone arrived at Hogwarts. Dudley was amazed at how big the castle was and how cool the ceiling was. He said to Harry "Did you know it's not real the ceiling it's a fancy spell. It also shows if students are feeling emotional like for example you Harry at the moment you are feeling very nervous which why the ceiling is feeling shaky above you head and above mine is feeling excitement which is why the ceiling is very happy." Harry was shocked that Dudley said that to him and  laughed and said "That's exactly what Hermione said on her first day." Hermione was also shocked and asked "Did you read about that in Hogwarts: A History?" Dudley was confused "No I didn't I really don't know why I said that." 

Harry was surprised and so were his friends. Ron replied "Maybe muggle-born students are smarter than most students." Hermione laughed and replied "No I don't think that's right, I will have to go to the library because even I haven't heard about the emotions on the ceiling before." Ron and Harry's mouths went wide open and couldn't believe what they just heard. Everyone took their seats and waited. Dudley's name was last then he went on stage and put the hat on and the hat spoke and said "Hmmm a muggle-born age fifteen but have just learned magic, your smart is brilliant. You would do well in lots of houses but I think Ravenclaw would suite your powers and heritage more." Dudley asked "What heritage, my family is all muggles, only my mum's sister was a muggle-born wizard?" the hat replied "You'll find out soon enough your majesty." The Hat shouted "RAVENCLAW." Dudley went over to his house mates. Harry and his friends were shocked. Ron said "Wow I thought he be in the same house as us, oh well we can still talk to him between classes."  

Everyone enjoyed there dinner and went to bed.