Chapter 23

Ron heard a clatter and woke up immediately. He looked around and saw his friend with a strange look on his face and asked "Mate, what's wrong?"  Harry said "I don't know how it happened but last night I slept in Snape's bed by mistake." Ron asked "That's weird, should we ask Hermione?" Harry nodded they went and found Hermione in the common room. Harry was first to ask "Hermione, is it possible to subconsciously disapparate in your sleep?" Hermione had to think about that question for a moment, then replied "Not that I am aware of, why?" Harry went guilty and said "Well it happened to me last night." Hermione was really concerned. She thought of why that would happen but nothing she thought of made sense to her. She asked "Have you asked your Creature?" Harry replied "No, I will just ask him." Harry thought for a moment and instead of the Creature talking to him he appeared in front of his friend's eyes.  Hermione was surprised, she asked "Mr Jackal, do you know why you ended up in your mate's bed last night?" He thought for a moment and said "I guess I wanted to be close to my mate and somehow it happened." Ron asked "You do realise only headmasters can allow disapparating in the school, right?" The Jackal replied "Oh bother, I guess the Merlin in me can do what it wants. How am I going to control this?" Ron and Hermione both said "We haven't got a clue mate." Then the Jackal disappeared and returned to being Harry and he asked "Guys, should I ask Merlin why this is happening?" Hermione and Ron nodded.

Harry quickly got dressed and headed towards the tower where the Portrait was thinking. Harry asked "Hey Merlin, why can I disapparate to my mate's room?" Merlin was equally shocked at this question, he replied "I think your bond is stronger than I anticipated Harry. Can I do a test?" Harry nodded "Sure, I would like to know how strong my bond is." Merlin said "Good, now picture your mate and bring him up here to meet me." Harry pictured Snape perfectly and in a matter of seconds he arrived. Snape was very confused and asked "Harry, what am I doing here?" Harry looked up and saw Snape, he said "Wow, I didn't think it would work that quickly. Merlin's Portrait asked me to bring you here and somehow you have arrived." Snape was extremely worried and confused and asked "What do you mean Merlin?" Then Harry realised only he could see Merlin's Portrait so instead he summoned Merlin's Ghost. Minutes later Merlin appeared and looked at Harry and his mate. He said "Hey Snape, I didn't realise that you couldn't see my portrait." Merlin did some magic and managed that Snape could see Merlin's Portrait and went away. He said "Now you can see me in the Portrait and we can talk." Snape was shocked and said "Honor to meet you sir, I am Potions Master Snape." Merlin was flattered and replied "The honor is all mine, happy that my Jackal and Sphinx are finally together. I can sense that your magic isn't at top speed, I can help with that?"