Chapter 33

The rest of Harry's summer was quite quiet. He decided to visit his cousins. He knocked on the door and Petunia answered. She said, "Afternoon Harry what brings you here?" Harry said, "I was just passing through. My summer is coming to an end and I'm starting my next year so I was just wondering how everyone was." Vernon also came to the door and said "It's been great so far. Petunia has been showing us her favourite place from when she was younger. Did you know that your Potions Professor used to live near here?" Harry was shocked at this news and said "No, I didn't. I'll have to ask him about it when I go back to school." Harry walked inside and was shocked by how neatly decorated this place was and deiced to check the room that Griphook made for him. He walked inside and saw lots of Gryffindor colours but - more surprisingly - it had colours for all the houses. That was strange, he thought. Why would Griphook do that? Then he had an epiphany. Merlin would have been there when all four house members were still alive. Then suddenly Dudley walked inside and said, "Hey Harry, I didn't realise you were visiting. How are you?" Harry couldn't answer from shock. He asked, "Dudley can you see what's in my room?" Dudley nodded, "Yeah it started when I turned fifteen I began seeing unusual things. Why?" Harry pondered, unsure how to approach this, and said, "Griphook come here." Then magically Griphook arrived. He said, "Master Harry, how can I serve you?" Harry said, "Can you do a magic check on my cousin Dudley?" Griphook obeyed and he couldn't believe what he found. He said "Harry sir, this muggle has a faint trace of magic present." Dudley was so confused and asked, "Huh? What does that mean?" Harry replied, "You might be one of those lucky muggles that are born wizards." Dudley gasped, "Really? Oh my god! I have to tell mum and dad!" Dudley rushed outside of the room and went to the kitchen and with great enthusiasm said, "Mum, dad, guess what!" Vernon and Petunia said, "What has made you so excited?" Dudley said, "You know how Harry's room is invisible to muggles? Guess what? I can see his room so even though I am muggle born I am a little bit wizard. How amazing is that?" Petunia couldn't believe what her son was saying. She looked at Harry asked, "Is this true?" Harry nodded, "It's true. I couldn't believe my eyes but yes your son has a small amount of magic." Petunia was so excited and asked, "Can we all go to the leaky cauldron and look in diagon alley then?" Harry nodded, "Sounds like fun I will give you both an eye sight spell so you can see what wizards see."  Petunia loved that idea .Vernon was still in shock and asked, "Do you think whatever makes someone a wizard in the Evan family skipped Petunia and happened to her son instead of her?" Harry was shocked and thought for a moment and replied, "That's very possible. I never thought of that before. That means if Dudley's future spouse has twins one will be magic and one will be muggle until the muggle has a first child and then that child becomes a muggle-born wizard which is amazing." Dudley said, "Awesome I hope that's true."